Max flow air filter kit.

I carry a spare filter in my pack when I'm (I guess now it's "was") in timber. Fortunately, fresh healthy timber with a sharp chain produces fat chips which are easy to knock off every couple of tanks. If I get into a dead tree, or dusty cutting, I can swap a filter and get through the day.

Good pics RDog. I think you've illustrated that the max flow filters do work well when maintained. I just prefer the factory filters, which with equal amounts of maintenance, flow well too.

I've been using Maxflows for a long time with zero problems. Way better flow than the stock filters. Reddog looks like you need more oil on your filter there.

The flow rates for the Stihl HD and the Maxflow are almost Identical ...

RDog, yours is doing a good job, obviously. You'd have had a fit if you'd seen the mess I saw on that contractor's saw.

I'm happier with stock filters and no oil, myself. Seems like both do a decent job, so long as you maintain them well.

I'm blocked from there. What was the general concensus? :drink:

Nice pics, Reddog.

Just remove the cookie they planted on your puter to see links. Just go to your history and remove all cookies and it will delete it for sure, if you are unsure which one of the little cookies it is to remove by itself. They sure seem to like to pee on the users puters and Wheaties over there for some reason. Like a little communist site it is.

Since I own an air compressor and use only air to clean my filters, I prefer the dry stock filters. Oiled filters would be much more time consuming and messy to clean.

Back