Man, I'm PO'ed At The Cable Company!

I never miss an opportunity to add. No broadcasted television here, only movies. When they want to pay me for the right to advertise to me in my home, I'll consider it, depending on how much they're paying.

Talk about a good business, the advertisers pay for advertising space and then the audience pays to be advertised to. Not a bad gig.8)

I too would love to be on cable internet. I could spend weeks sucking in random media that is a PITA to get at on Hughes.

I learn too much from the internet to say I'm not addicted to it in some fashion (learning that is). TV is great to keep my mind from running away, although it does suck when I notice flaws in nearly anything I watch.

I have dish network. I like it (having television) but I'll admit I don't get much of it watched. My typical evening I'll check out the treehouse and then when I go to bed I'll switch it on and last 5 or 10 minutes before I fall asleep. Do any of you guys get the military channel, and if so is it worth it. It doesn't come on my package that I have right now.

TV can be educational as a mofo. The Discovery Channel and the History Channel - how can anyone say they're not good for your mind??? What, I should read the book instead?

Not having a TV because it's "a waste of time" is like having an outhouse cuz an indoor bathroom "might smell."

I agree.

I think a lot of my knowledge came from TV. Maybe a third of it. The other 2/3rds came from reading and everything my Pappy told me.

I signed up for Dish Network a long time ago. Much better IMO. With the DVR technology I can actually watch the shows I want to, when I want to ( I rarely catch the shows I want live anymore) and now I don't have to watch commercials, just blast right through them.

Of course, the TV is full of junk. No doubt. I go to the in laws house and all they watch is sitcoms and drama tv. No thanks.

I watch DVDs and streaming movies... and streaming South Park episodes, but no cable or broadcast. I have a bad reaction to commercials when they come at me every seven or eight minutes.
I miss a few channels like Discovery and Comedy Central but not enough to pony up the cash for cable. I read a lot, don't remember much of it but it passes the time.
I've been learning to play Go lately and it pretty much fills my brain right up at this point.

If you have a DVD player and like dramas like Deadwood, watch 'The Tudors'. It's as restrained as Deadwood is unrestrained... but in a really wicked way. Anne Boleyn is hot too.

I wonder if people really talked then like they do in Deadwood. Like Shakespeare except they cuss a lot.

I wonder when someone will organize a class action lawsuit against the cable companies, cell phone providers and the sat. companies?

Seems like they are really out of control.

It's no doubt a regional thing .Around here you get a DVR type gizmo that's not too large .That stupid thing ties you into certain movie channals etc. as part of the package . Some channals have been on high deff for several years .

I've got everything on cable ,internet ,TV ,telephone . Has all the perks ,call forwarding ,caller ID all the bells and whistles of regular telephone plus no long distance charges .

I have a 52" plasma, HD cable and all that shit. Reading this is making realize that I might watch it once a week. And I'm paying about $100 per month for it, thats $25 everytime I watch my tv. I think I'm going to cancell that shit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Piss on it, I'm headed out to get the damn BOX. I'll just have to mess with the feng shui of my set up. 108 bones a month. :X

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Somehow it went from 108 to 125 a month. I declined the offer.

As you were.

Back