Log Splitters....

I've had wood heat most all of my life. It's some of my best childhood memories getting wood from the back 40. Getting your warmth out of burning wood that you've gathered, bucked, and split yourself just can't be beat imo. :)

Buying from Harbor Freight or Northern Tool is sort of like giving money to a televangelist. You will be inundated with junk mail forever in an attempt to suck more money out of you. I

LOL!:lol: I agree. I bought a "truck crane" from them. About 2 years ago. The first day (Heck! Within 3 attempts) the gears stripped out on me.:X P.O.S. I didn't like that.

So, if anyone would like this for free. It is yours. You simply would want to find a new winch for it. Oh, and pay for your shipping. 8)

I used it one day it still has shiny paint!;)

I sold the stuff for 7 or 8 years and actually did pretty good at it .

It may sound like chicken feed now but say in 1977 10 bucks per hour was pretty good and that's about what I averaged . It is hard work though ,no doubt about that .

In my case it heats the house and gives me some worthwhile exercise .I detest exerting energy with out any usefull work being done .

The 30 plus ton splitter sitting in my shop awaiting completion is just one of my zillion and one projects .I need it about like another behind .

I bought a TW-6 this year. It's nice. I think is built like a tank. I'll get many years out of this machine.

I'll have to post photos of it in action later.

Funny, I'm busy as hell with work, and have people already SCREAMING for Oak!!! "Name you're price, it's going to be a cold winter, I've got to have some wood!!"
People never cease to amaze!!!

We had wind for one day, maybe 35mph, but thats not uncommon around here.
It's just been unseasonably cool and wet here. Normally August and September it's dry and HOT!!! We had ten inches of rain last week?
I think it's going to be a cold and wet winter, but............

i like the American CLS splitters out of NY state.just as good as Timberwolf and half the cost or less.my buddy just bought their 11 Honda version.it's sick how fast it is.even with the 4-way.i cannot recommend them enough.

Splitters are just simple physics .Big cylinder,high volume pump,fast split ,fast cycle time .

The big cylinder doesn't require as much pressure as a smaller one ,less shock on the system .If it needs the oomph ,the lower volume high pressure pump kicks in .

The super split ,which by the way I'm working on in the morning,has a Parker double pump .Not a regular two stage .I can set the pressure on both the pressure plus the volume part of it .The valve I'm getting is preset at 1500 PSI and I doubt that I'll ever have to set it higher on a 5 inch cylinder . The volume pump will likely be set at 600 and more than likely it will seldom ever bypass to the pressure side .

When I get this damned computer fixed where I can post pictures once again I'll make a thread of buillding this contraption .

This is a pic of our splitter. Put the old wisconsin engine to work.

Attachments

• 20060105_0094.JPG
    20060105_0094.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 4
And this is some of it's handy work. A load of hedge.

Attachments

• 20061127_0389.JPG
    20061127_0389.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 5
  • 20061127_0390.JPG
    20061127_0390.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 6
Damn I need a big truck like that!

Here's my splitter!

Attachments

• IMG_6885.JPG
    IMG_6885.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6884.JPG
    IMG_6884.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 50
Get ahold of Dave TNT for $$. He'll put controls on the splitter too if you want. I'm such a pro mini driver that I don't lift wood at all. I 'grab' it with the splitter and finish it off into the pile.

Lazyman's wheelbarrow.:D

Back