Line setter tool

I wasn't sure about advertising this particularly tool as the guy who made it I don't believe plans on doing more, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, these tools definitely have a place in tree work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah. I was going to ask him before i gave out any info on how to get one. However you can still buy them by different companies. I believe there is a 60 or 70 ft telescopic pole that can be held horizontally for the cheap price of about $700.

I wasn't sure about advertising this particularly tool as the guy who made it I don't believe plans on doing more, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, these tools definitely have a place in tree work.

I have asked Stew to make me one. He said he has a head cold or something. I would love to get my hands on one at the price he is asking. We'll see if it pans out if not it's all good but one would be handy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Here ya go Kevin. 17 meters horizontally. That's about 55' 9". I bet it would be hard to hit a small limb at that distance though. I have a 21' painters pole that works pretty good but accuracy goes down as you get out there.

I have asked Stew to make me one. He said he has a head cold or something. I would love to get my hands on one at the price he is asking. We'll see if it pans out if not it's all good but one would be handy.

I highly suspect he will make more. One of his business focuses is (or has been) foundry work. (His head is aluminum poured.)

By the way, if you like having the right tool for the job - this tool definitely has it's place. I use it for some light rigging line setting as well as setting a climb line in a cluttered tree.

DMc your video showcases it well.

Reactions: DMc
I highly suspect he will make more. One of his business focuses is (or has been) foundry work. (His head is aluminum poured.)

By the way, if you like having the right tool for the job - this tool definitely has it's place. I use it for some light rigging line setting as well as setting a climb line in a cluttered tree.

DMc your video showcases it well.
I sent am message to him and he said he has been busy but in a week or two.

Reactions: DMc
Back