latest forum issues

SkwerI

Treehouser
I'm trying to find out if the latest minor page loading issues are common to others or if it's just my browser/ computer. For the last week or so, mostly in the afternoons, sometimes the pages won't load and the page just goes completely white. The browser shows the page as being loaded but nothing is there. If I back up and try it again I'll eventually get it to load.

Also, some of the small icon images won't always load. Little things like the green dot under somebody's name that shows them as online, or sometimes some of the command images in the window where you compose a post.

They are all very minor issues, but they are still issues and only happen on this forum. I also won't ignore little minor issues with my truck, such as a new drip or loose mirror or sun visor that won't stay up. Eventually if you ignore all the minor issues for a long enough period of time, the forum becomes less and less usable. I don't want this to turn into another picture uploading problem that gets 'fixed' by disabling a function.

its been a bit Skwerly for me today on and off, page load errors, server timeouts.

Nothing I can do about it, 'lil buddy.

Occasionally, I get the white page too, and like you, it's fixes itself tootsweet.

Whadoyawant? Egg in your beer?

I'm getting it more often too. Check your CPU usage when it's happening. Mine goes to 100%.

Have noticed the page loading problem for 1-2 months. but it seems improved for me now, contrary to what you guys are saying.

Been happening a while on my end... figured it might have been me (my server or network) or the server that owns the forum.... I had to refresh 3-4 times today to get anything... Usually going back the main page and starting over. Kind of a pain.. but ya'll are worth the read .. LOL

It's Ipowerweb, wherever they are - I think they're in Cali.

I'm sure it's their servers frigging up, not the forum itself.

Probably the servers are just busy certain times of the day... Bandwidth is usually the issue... It's a never ending "buy more" for a server...More users.. need more bandwidth.

Cool, I didn't know about F5 refresh.

I've been having the same issue for a few days now. I thought it was my crappy internet connection.

Heh I lived in a VW van for awhile. Granted it had mag wheels and a ferociously loud stereo but I still mingled with the hippies usually right up until they found out I was a logger. Being a logger in Tofino was real popular in the late nineties.:lol:

Back