Kombi tool

flushcut

TreeHouser
I am thinking about buying one of those kits and was wondering if they are worth it? I need a long reach hedge trimmer this year and a power broom would be nice for stumper chip clean up and other brooming needs.

I have a KM130 powerhead and have no complaints.

I haven't used the hedge attachment but I have the power scythe is basically the same thing on a smaller scale. It's well made. The blower attachment isn't bad either. It's not in the same ballpark as a br600 but it's cheap and a good backup.

I had the solid broom and sold it on ebay. Never used it on stump grindings but I used it on mulch and stuff around the house. It's heavy and found myself working decently hard to manage any material I was moving... not really that efficient in my opinion.

If you can demo that attachment before you buy it definitely do it. I've read reviews both good and bad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a KM130 powerhead and have no complaints.

I haven't used the hedge attachment but I have the power scythe is basically the same thing on a smaller scale. It's well made. The blower attachment isn't bad either. It's not in the same ballpark as a br600 but it's cheap and a good backup.

I had the solid broom and sold it on ebay. Never used it on stump grindings but I used it on mulch and stuff around the house. It's heavy and found myself working decently hard to manage any material I was moving... not really that efficient in my opinion.

If you can demo that attachment before you buy it definitely do it. I've read reviews both good and bad.

Thank you!
Anybody else?

Ya, me too...Looked as Marayuyama brand, seems robust but a little heavy/awkward...haven't got to the Stihl/Honda dealer yet. My neighbour who's hedges I maintain will go halfsies on the purchase...

I have used the Stihl extended hedge trimmer before and its great, well balanced and very much more versatile than a regular sized one. I'm keen on a Kombi tool of some brand to get the best bang for the buck, weedwhacker, extended hedge trimmer and the small pole saw...

Don't have the wherewithal to hunt it down tonight, sorry, but there was another thread of this nature a while back and we all concluded as a "one man band" a combi-tool was great, as a team unit it just sucked! Too much time changing back and forth, and only one power head.
I love my Shinny setup, but if I were going full bore, I'd have a dedicated piece for each aspect I wanted to cover, then maybe a combi for a back up? It's just too easy for one singular engine to die, it's too easy for someone to screw up putting the attachments on etc. and you are out for the day. It's much like going to a big job with two saws, it doesn't make sense, it doesn't work and it creates problems! Even with three guys on some of the jobs I did, it created a lot of problems, I easily could have used a dedicated brush cutter and a string trimmer. A lot of the time we spent waiting on each other to tire out running the one unit. It wasn't time efficient.
Sorry, but I really see it as a small show, or home owner option, it's not something I'd base a business plan off of.

Thank you Mr. Redneck and I hear ya. The more I price the kombi tools it is going to be cheaper for me to just buy the extended reach hedger by itself.

The ones I've used were like the Kirby Vacuum of the 60's, with lots of attachments, none of which worked as well as a tool dedicated to a task. The broom I used didn't have bristles in the middle to make room for the handle, so it left a stripe in the middle. The only thing the broom really was useful for was to move gravel that had been plowed into the grass along a drive back off the grass into the drive. Unless you are a one man show trying to stretch a buck and only using an attachment occasionally, buy the dedicated hedger.

I am a one man show but I know when a multi-tool is not worth it. I hope Rick Cavender told you what I said about A/M. Leo's product line.

For my vote, I would say it is a good investment. I have the saw, trimmer, edger and weed whacker attachments as well as an extra 4' pole. All have paid for themselves, the trimmer the most of all. I would like to get one of those ez lift units at some point...that or strap a fishing pole to my back hah!

Great tool.

I've got the KM130 too. I think it's great. We're a small operation, 1-3 men. I've got the hedger, power pruner, string trimmer, and the 3' extension. It makes sense for us. I think I spent around $1200 on the set.

I have the KM130 and love it because I only have one engine to keep in good shape/keep fresh gas in. I’m a one man band and don’t use that unit all that regularly. Have a hedger on a short/18in. pole, 31in. poles I can swap out, chainsaw head on the short pole, scythe, and the blower. Use the blower on jobs when I am taking this unit anyway and don’t want to bring the back pac blower. Oh, sting trimmer and blades too. Have used most all of it to great effect and it has made me money while functioning very well.

My Stihl guy doesn't wan’t me to but, I have taken the hedger and the scythe and put them on the end of my HT130 extendable pole saw. He says it stresses one of the component parts too much so I only do it when shaping light stuff.

I've got an Echo Pole Pruner, they make a hedge trimmer attachment for them and don't seem to have any problems.

HCAA2402%20pole%20multi%20attachment.jpg

Back