Is this Mac a POS

I haven't seen that many lower grade saws actually blow if owned by home owners .They usually just stop running from sitting around a year or two with old stale gas in them .You'd be surprised how many of them never even had the chain filed ,still sharp too .

This is really interesting. Sounds like I wouldn't want to put much effort into my old first saw.

Based on your chart, the Husky 460 I have should get me much better mileage.

I am curious about 2 things you said:
1- Where did you get this information from ?
2- That is a lot of run-time for both "semi-pro" and 'Pro' categories. Seems a bit 'odd' to differentiate between them ?

1. Husqvarna/Jonsered/Partner/Elux developing, various literature and sales info as well as the tech support.
2. It is not easy or absolute as saws don't always come out as intended. Sometimes they are hard to place in category and are sold as something they are not. But for us that sell saws the amount of runtime for the buck is a great help to decide what is best to suggest custemer.
A good dealer try to get the most out of a deal for both seller and buyer. Store and internet sellers don't really care about that, just marginals and units sold.

460 is a good saw, but not proffesional. 455 is same saw with less cubic's.

Magnus, I was once told that the Stihl 026 had the same engine in the pro and farm boss models as far as block and cylinder.
Do you know if that is true?
I've known people to put an astounding amount of hours on the farm boss models, but never bought one myself, since I can't run a saw w/o heated handles.
Here Stihl Sweden had heated handles on all 026 versions if so desired. The 026 had less differances than 260 in the different versions.
The last in this series was 260 and was available with or without heat here

Back