Insect and bites

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got the brilliant idea of buying a rope with the pully, Is my chainsaw fuel line, water and food. How you guys handel this details. I find this old file. Tomorrow if is not raining will be testing my fuel gear.View attachment 66195

Yup. Glad to know I'm not the only one that does that Chris. I'll also pound it between the deck boards on my equipment trailer.
Jose sharpening takes practice and then more practice. Take your time. After you've done it enough you can feel when the tooth is sharp by the way the file vibrates in the stroke.

Rich I think its safe to say we're both not total rogues:)

Jose, it takes a fair bit of practice but not an overwhelming amount, I would try to do most of my sharpening at home with a vise on a bench. Like cutting with a saw your positioning relative to the work will play a big part

I like that. I'm thinking something I could slide in the hitch receiver would work well also. Maybe a vise to slide out of the underbody of the chip bed. I'm up to late to think clearly though

Any sharpening is better than no sharpening. Use a sharp round file that is the right size for your chain. Knock the metal bits out of the file. Use a raker gauge to file the rakers with a raker file.

Typically 30 degrees for round top chain, 25 degrees for square top/ chisel chain. Your raker offset depends on the saw.

You just reminded me of something I posted on AS years ago. I've never really needed it as I sharpen at home mostly and carry spare chains but I might need one where I'm going.

You can buy them but pretty easy to make.

62162__80269.1418011976.700.700.jpg

I have been thinking lately, my rancher saw, cut be best use as a medium work saw, a 16" bar, and I am considering a pro proner, just considering. I can not justify, the spence, with out the warranty, 90 day is not a beneficial period for me. With the full time job, my business is playing 2nd in time. Like this is my long weekend , well a one Man operation can not do a safe job, one job in one day ,not posible for a newbie. I try!LOL.. Today I cut all branches, tomorrow will cut the tree, got to clean today's work before I can do the cutting. I am tier but happy. I got delay on my way to the job side, there was a young man on the side ditch, he felt to sleep on the wheel, lucky, he say that he wake up going in the wrong side of the road and over compensated. I did have my cables to drag wood around, so I hook the cables to his car, and anothe guy stop, and he have a heavy duty truck, stronger that my jeep, he pull itcar out. The day got better for the young man.

Hay, I use the unisever today, It was better, I also use my "8" figure. Did learn how to use it. I got no black and blues on my calf. I did not notice a grade of difficult on using and learning the unisever or the figure 8.

Q. I did try to remotely to install a rope saver on a pine tree with multiple branches. Is there a way to accomplish this. I cut not figure out a way. I end it, spike climbing, with my safety line been raised with a pully atach to my harness. I work my way upto near the top and install it, There was no other way, or can not figure it out. Any suggestions!

I try to install a rope saver, remotely from the ground on a pine with multiple branches, cut not figure out a way. I end it anchoring the line, and bringing it up attache to my harness pull up by a pully, the I use to anchor the line, pulley and the rope saver to the tree .. any suggestions?

I know there is a way to do it but it's beyond me as I've never used one Jose. I keep meaning to try it but I gotta order one first.
As far as I know you need to isolate your tie in point before trying to set the friction saver. Not the easiest task on a conifer.

I welded up something similar, Steve. The ratchet strap eliminates all wiggle.
image.jpg
Also have a vise mounted on chipper fender.
Those little stump vises certainly work well. Particularly nice if you have a high stump so you're not stooped over.

The Reese mount works great, but one tip if you plan to leave it be sure to lock it up others like the idea as well. Mine went missing one night. It sure makes it nicer on one's back.

Well, It work fine, did sharp the Tanaka, and it was so easy, I sharp the husvarna. 20151226_102152.jpg
This is my set up. Did cut like butter. Well I set the saver and it work fine, there was no remote retrieval from the ground, but I cut 3 ,9' pieces, and let the saver drop with the 3rd piece. Then drop the 40' left. Going home now.

Mate, I hope you weren't sharpening while sitting where your chair is...or if you were, how did you get the correct position to file the cutters from the proper direction?
Turn the saw around and lean over the engine...

Stump vises are very handy though!

Back