Industry Specific Software

Fiddler

Treehouser
I've been wondering if anyone here uses any ISS to do bidding, billing, keep track of business. and if so what kind.
I use to use some for my lawn & snow Business and actually got tons of great comments on how good my various forms of customer communications looked and how easy they were to understand.

dog%20watching%20television.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Squisher, I used Quickbooks also for what we sent to our accountant, as it is an accounting software.
The other set of books :/: was in my software that was made for the specific type of business I was running. I haven't run across any strictly for arboriculture and I was wondering if anyone else had.

I recall seeing something advertised at Sherrill, but I wouldn't know the first thing about it. My 'accounting' system is a box of receipts on top of the file cabinet. I keep track of income via bank statements and I usually don't write out a receipt unless asked for one.

There's ArborGold and ArborSoft, I think, but I haven't used either of them.

Arborgold is all I've heard of so far too. I use excel for most of my database and Invoice/Proposal's.

excel is cool, liked creating things on it when I had it. Going to have to start trying to use Numbers now.

I do estimates and invoices so seems like accounting software is all I need. Everything in one program such as quickbooks made my recnt audit a relatively painless procedure.

Squisher.....My wife runs Quickbooks but I don't. I wanted something at the time that would keep me organized and I was really surprised that it actually got me more jobs because of the professional way the billing etc. came out looking.
I used a legal pad and pencil for over 20 years as my office.
With the economic slowdown, more companies are looking for one more little advantage to look better to possible customers. It worked well for me and I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience.

Rborist1 uses ArborGold and loves it. I've looked into it but its pricey. You can customize all your forms in quickbooks to your hearts content and its a lot cheaper. Just takes a bit of time and effort on your part to make them look good.

Back