ID these leaves?

bstewert

TreeHouser
IMG_1004.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What size are the leaves? Could be a type of magnolia, M. acuminata?

Good question! Next time I'll put in a dime or something to show relative size. The large leaf is 3 1/2" long. The tree was maybe 60' tall.

This was a cat rescue tree. It was 40°, windy and raining, and my fingers were getting numb, so I was anxious to get out of there. The moss on all the branches was so slick you absolutely could not put your foot down. Fortunately for me, a few throws and dangles with the throwbag spooked the cat into coming down on its own. Unfortunately for me, one of the bags (my first shot) got hopelessly stuck and I had to climb up to get it.

Thus no better pics. I pulled the leaves out of my bag when I got home and started cleaning up.

Paul, what do I need to take pics of next time for a better ID this time of year? This tree was a 45 min drive, so I probably won't be going back. But for next time?

Also the underside of the leaves.

Not really a magnolia. imo - is the leave shiny or rough?

Leaves not shiny like the magnolias we have in our yard. Also thinner and easier to tear. I like the underside idea.

seems to look like a catalpa but your leaves are not that pointed and not as large

Back