I finally did it! Got my 200T.

• Thread starter cutitup
  • Start date
  • Replies 47
  • Views 5K
But all in all great saw and good day!! Now I gotta rip that screen out :/:
If you do,fatten up the high speed just a tad . Just like any other saw,you have to hear that 4 cycle "cackle" just a tad bit .

A good running 200 will get with it for a little saw .I somehow got a 20t and a 200T confused with an early 020 top handle . With the later my s-25 Poulan would keep up with .Not so on the later models .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Al, I'll make sure I do that.

Just curious but how many of you full time 200T users have the STIHL lightweight bar installed?
Do they hold up OK or bend too easy?
Thanks,
Eddie

I've been running the lightweight bars for as long as I've been using the 200T, about 5 years. Due to problems I had at that time with my shoulder and wrist, I had a hard time holding the saw straight out at arm's length. The nose-heavy tendency of the 200T with the stock 16" bar was too difficult for me to use. The day I discovered the lightweight bar is the same day I bought my first 200T and I have used nothing else since.

They hold up great, the rails are identical in hardness as the other Stihl bars. They do flex more and you can't use them as pry bars as much as you can a standard bar. I had a couple of the early ones delaminate and separate near the tip or by the heel, but those problems have not occurred in the last couple years. They are way too expensive but I'll continue to pay the price.

Al, perhaps you might be able to better comment on the 200T exhaust after you've actually seen or used one. ;) It's not the same as the old McCullochs or Homelites. :P

Al, perhaps you might be able to better comment on the 200T exhaust after you've actually seen or used one. ;) It's not the same as the old McCullochs or Homelites. :P
Oh contrair Po Bear .

A bottom exhaust saw has to make a sharp 90 degree bend to get out no matter if it's a 200 T or a 10-10 Mac .Now as far as using one ,I've got a dandy right now sitting in the garage with a 12" on it .:P Mine,all mine .:D

200T muffler mod

I did a little work on the baby Stihl .With the screen/baffle removed it leaves a little hole where the exhaust could exit rather than have to go throuugh basically an s curve on the end of the muffler .

I enlarged this hole to about 50-60 percent the size of the exhaust port so it could breathe a tad better .

Of course by doing so I had to richen the high speed screw up a tad to get the mixture correct . Nothing to it ,about a half hour of tinkering around .

Attachments

• 200T muffler 001.jpg
    200T muffler 001.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 200T muffler 002.jpg
    200T muffler 002.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 200T muffler 003.jpg
    200T muffler 003.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 89
First saw I ever worked on that has a cast aluminum muffler . Well it won't rust and evidently by being in the fan blast it must cool pretty well .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Al, now I gotta get to mine!!

the ms200t does cure cancer!

if you remove the muffler screen.night and day difference.completely different saw.i wouldn't bother running the 200 with the screen in.

i have the 14" E-Lite bar.i love it.actually,i have it on the 200t and the 192.

i did the same to one i had apart for 2 weeks al. guess i will find out if she wakes up a bit

This one had already had the screen/baffles removed .I just made the hole larger .

Kind of interesting in looking over the IPL as it listed two baffle assemblies .One with just holes in it and another for specific us in the USA with screens in the holes .

screen was outta this one to. i broke the baffles off and ground the 2 openings a little larger

Where is this shutter supposed to be any way .:?

All this talk about a shutter ,I'll get out the IPL and see what in the world it is .Never saw one myself that I'm aware of .

Whatever,I don't think I need it .My little handy dandy micro saw will light off at 10 above and run with no problem . Fact is it runs real good in that cold air .:)

Page 11 should show it in the IPL. Part number 21 is the shutter and 22 for the little screw. That page in the IPL is the rear handled model. I looked at page 10 that has the T or top handle version. The shutter isn't shown but it does come on the T version as my top handles do have that shutter. The one I have in the shop has one and it even has a cute little snow flake on it. I never noticed it before.

For kicks I'll post a pic later.

I swiped your muffler pic and drew a line and arrow showing where it goes.

Attachments

• 200T%20muffler%20003.jpg
    200T%20muffler%20003.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 57
Well I'll be ,never knew that,fact is never gave it a thought .

I'm so used to wrenching on saws that are thirty years old I guess I just don't think to look for little features like that .

Congratulations, when you consider how much work they do the money is pretty reasonable when you consider it on a per job basis.

020t 200t

definitely cant beat the 020 or 200 they are the fastest. i have a 19t that i use sometimes its ok if you are ropeing everything. when its gotta come off quick definitely like the 20. they make another now that shaped like the 020 its a 192 or something like that.

Back