husky 2100 for sale

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't notice the lack of chain brake.

Sounded like they're hungry saws, but maybe not anything special at that age.

I was thinking of a big bucking saw for felled logs. I have an MS 660/ 36" which suits me. Just saw it while surfing.

Amazing price for a perhaps 40 years old saw!

Not a money maker anymore as it is to old and now deserv a spot in a collection!

2100CD replaced 1100CD in 1975. Replaced by 2100 in '79-'80 something, then 2101XP around '87.

Id stick that thing right in a fat log where it is meant to be. Its a chainsaw, not a painting.

I still run my '70's vintage 2100's professionally. One that has been modified will pull a 50' bar like nothing. They are heavy but dependable and hard to find. I would never sell mine.

I'll tell ya what that is the hardest starting saw I think ever made .If you flood that SOB you'll be tugging on the rope until your arm falls off .

That said it's got a lot of power .Keep in mind though it's got some age on it and parts aren't all that easy to find these days .

Those fuggers are a beast in wood. I was doing a contract loggin' job with another cat using a 2100 with a 32" bar. I was using my trusty 044. He let me run the 2100 for a few big Douggies and I tell ya what... the power was like no other saw I have ever used. Amazing grunt in 30"+ softwood!

However... $550 bones is a tad high...

Gary

I'm thinking of selling mine, it's in really good condition but I doubt I'd get $550 for it even here.

Great saw but there's no call for it much now around here.

attachment.php

Al, I remember you mentioning before how hard starting the 2100's are, but mine have been great starting saws. I wonder why your experience is different. Just something about the carb maybe?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wonder about the Anti-vibe.

Thought about it for milling, too.

Just dreaming, really, unless it came in cheap or could trade for it. I don't need it.

.... I have learned this the hard way...F' old rebuilds....spend money on NEW .... Yeah it is nice to get some work out of an old war horse but I'm liking the 372 new

Back