How to identify rev limited coils

mrdiesel

TreeHouser
Hi all, i have had a read through some of the old posts but im still unsure how to identify if i have rev limited coils. All my saws were sourced in oz except for the 3120 which came from British Columbia. In particular im interested in how to identify them in the saws i have. They are

Huskies.
338 2011 model
346 2010 model
575 2009 model i think
3120 1998 model

Stihl
660 2011 model. Dual port

All of the coils on all saws are black

Blue on the smaller huskys if rev limited and I think the 3120 had a green one. Black coils unlimited.

I dont no of a rev limited coil on a 660.

I believe? the 066 red light had a limited coil, it was short lived though. I believe you are right on the green coil on the 3120, I seem to recall it at least. I also seem to recall some of the new smaller saws having orange coils on them now? Again, not sure, just something to watch for.

Yep on 066 RL had one. But he was asking for info on 2011 660 so I didnt say anything about 066 RL.

My stock 3120 had a green coil, not 100% though on color (I cant remember off hand) but was revlimited. 272 coils is a fix for that with a flywheel re-time.

Think I seen blue in my 550 545 AT saws. They get up there though.

Cheers gents, so are rev limited coils limited to a geographic area or is it an epa bs item?

No geographical system to it anymore it seems, used to be that way, but manufactures have gotten cheap and apply the same means to everyone it seems.

There are differences on saws for different markets like Europe and USA. They are adapted to fit wishes and demands.
Distributors like Husqvarna USA get pretty much as they wish from HVA.

Back