Groundskeeper Rake

cory

Tree House enthusiast
So I bit the $50 bullet for this rake, a rake I've been hearing about on and off for a while.

I would say it is very good but at very limited tasks- it rules at raking stump grindings back into the main pile, on short grass.

Essentially useless at raking in tall grass.

Anyone else?

The Groundskeeper is the one I heard was amazing. I saw it mentioned a couple times here and looked it up. I don't have one though.

Worth getting but I have to say I like the Maintainer better. The tines aren’t as aggressively curved as the Groundskeeper and have a longer handle but are every bit as effective. Virtually the same price with a padded handle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doh. I think I have the groundskeeper. Thread title fixed now

Yeah I've had to replace the handles in time, i just got a cheap wooden replacement handle for a garden rake and whittled it down, fatter so it's more comfy for my hands. I'm hard on handles of stuff, I'll even go so far as using pipe welded to the heads on stuff like garden rakes. When i was landscaping we used all steel flat spades called king of spades, they were awesome since you could abuse it to do what you needed and it didn't care.

Back