Florida Teacher Accused Of Wizardry

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
WTF? :what:

Link

LAND 'O LAKES, Fla. -- A substitute teacher in Pasco County has lost his job after being accused of wizardry.

Teacher Jim Piculas does a magic trick where a toothpick disappears and then reappears.Piculas recently did the 30-second trick in front of a classroom at Rushe Middle School in Land 'O Lakes.Piculas said he then got a call from the supervisor of teachers, saying he'd been accused of wizardry."I get a call the middle of the day from head of supervisor of substitute teachers. He says, 'Jim, we have a huge issue, you can't take any more assignments you need to come in right away,'" he said.Piculas said he did not know of any other accusations that would have led to the action.The teacher said he is concerned that the incident may prevent him from getting future jobs.
MORE

Is there any wonder that Brett's kids are homeschooled? There are 2-3 articles PER DAY on FARK about bizarre happenings in public schools. The system is broken.

Of course if we keep throwing more money at it without actually addressing any of the root causes, it will get better. Let's raise taxes some more for 'education'. :roll:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Big deal. The teacher did a trick.

No reason to yank your kids outta school.

In this instance I was talking about the school administrators. The screwed up folks who punish a teacher for something stupid like this. No wonder all the good teachers abandon the public school system in droves, leaving mostly unqualified idiots to teach the kids.

Wizardry!!! WTF! Is this the nineteenth century??

I guess if it were he would be a bonfire by now...

Hahaha, don't say THAT. I can come up with some shit!

I've noticed! I mean.......c'mon what are they gonna do to him? Chuck him in the nearest river and see if the poor bastard sinks......and when he doesn't, fish him out and burn him at the stake. I've heard they're a tad partial to a bit of Bible thumping down south, but WTF???? :?:?

I'm assuming that some common sense will enter the situation at some point. They could always try sprinkling some holy water on him and see if it burns through him.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

TS

cooler heads will prevail. If nothing else the teacher will sue them for violating some kind of 'fair employment rule'.

Back