Fishing 2013

View attachment 53081
This is from a couple of years ago. I was fishing at Dog Island when this blacktip stole a fish off my hook. I had a rod rigged with a steel leader and dropped him half a ladyfish and the fight was on. He made about a 150 yard smoking run and then there were some terrific yanks. All of a sudden I was gaining line easily and I thought he was swimming back towards the boat. When he came up beside the boat I saw why. Looked like a big bull did the deed. Ouch

You fished at Dog island? A friend of mine own(ed?) a lot out there!

Yes indeed, I live right across the bay on the mainland. Dog Island's one of my honey holes. When I worked on the line crew, I spent a lot of time working over there and in the bay working on the submarine cable that supplies power to the island. I used to know just about everybody there.

Yes indeed, I live right across the bay on the mainland. Dog Island's one of my honey holes. When I worked on the line crew, I spent a lot of time working over there and in the bay working on the submarine cable that supplies power to the island. I used to know just about everybody there.

Chester Reese is my friends name. Heard of him? When he lived down here (Marathon, Fl) we fished and dove a lot together. He, my husband and I were like a team when it came to fishing and getting lobster.

I know Chester very well! Great fisherman and a great guy. He's been on one of the syndicated fishing shows a time or two and had his own fishing report on a local TV channel here. He did a lot of work with the oil spill a couple of years ago as well.

Back