Edge saddle

If its built anything like every sherrill branded item I have ever bought I wouldn't let my worst enemy trust there life to it. Other day I was setting a rope and one of their throw bags flew right off the ring into customers house, bad stitching. And my rope boss bag has most of support rods sticking through the top, the list goes on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Made by Buckingham.

I don't own many Sherrill branded products, but my experience does not mirror yours...however, I've been accused of babying my gear and I'm not a full-timer, so you may be right.

I'd have to agree, Ed. At least the rep is solid enough for me to be comfortable with ordering one. Nothing proves a product like actual time in use, but a skookum gearhead can get a pretty good feel for the quality of construction from a thorough in-hand inspection.

Last edited:
Your point is still worth considering, Rob...since it doesn't carry a Buck tag, who really knows.

I have a number of Buckingham products, all very nicely made and holding up well so far. Saddle included.

I do kinda like that new black/yellow Lava rope, just cause it looks so different from anything else I have.

The saddle looks pretty good, be interesting to see what people think. I wish sherrill would stop branding their products and just sell it as is from the manufacturer, let's be real.

jp:D

Not to quibble, can't say I disagree...but on some occasions Sherrill has stimulated development of a particular product in cooperation with a manufacturer, who had no plans to build such an item without the push from Sherrill. I have no idea if that's the case with this saddle, but it might be.

Its basically a scaled down version of the Buckingham Ergovation saddle, designed by the same guy. They wanted to try something a little lighter and slightly less bulky than the Ergovation, and this the brain child of that I believe.

Back