Echo 590

Nutball

TreeHouser
A year later and I still prefer a 90cc and a light weight 50cc over an in between size. I figured I'd keep this one because it is one of the stronger ones I've ported while not having too harsh of a sound, and it has a carb quirk others may not like, but I'll see if there's any interest since I hate to see stuff just sit. I've cut one tree with it since new. The carb quirk is how it likes to occasionally idle lean and die. This is almost always triggered by a short blip of throttle, or steady low partial throttle. Otherwise it seems to idle fine even for 30 seconds or so and cuts great at full or even half throttle, and transitions to full well.

buyer pays shipping

I think I have 2 extra 20" bars and 3 extra chains: $40 per B/C combo, also have a 24" B/C & maybe a couple 28", but the AV system and porting isn't really meant for 28".

DSC01491 (1280x728).jpg

DSC04223 (1199x1280).jpg

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Weird. It's just hard justifying a $100 carb when the thing runs great 98% of the time. I ended up getting a $10 part to keep on hand which may fix the issue. Maybe I'll remember pictures tomorrow, I was busy today trying to burn all that wet pine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Idle issue seems gone now, I replaced the main nozzle with an old style fiberglass check valve.

Here's the bad part below, I might try to fix it someday.

DSC04333.JPG

I'm going to go get the saw dirty again and get it tuned to the new jet size.

Back