Curio 020 AVP

Ax-Man

Don't make me chop you
I was going to put this in the current MS 200 thread for some light humor but it would be derailing the thread as the theme is centered around breaking in a new engine.

I thought maybe you guys would like to see something a little different when it comes to powerheads.

This one of my 020's with the rear handle with a hedgetimmer attachment. I just got it mounted up last night. The saw does run but has been in storage and I just can't bring myself to put fuel in it to see how it works.

Even though I pretty much sworn off of e-bay couldn't resist this one and the brushcutter attachment the seller had up for auction.They went for a reasonable price to me considering what I have seen similar items in the past sell for and in much worse condition. Got to get another saw up and running for the brushcutting attachment.

Next little project for my 020 collection is one of those saws to be set-up with a bow bar.

One of these days I have got to get into painting saws so they match-up as far as color.

Attachments

• P6250250.JPG
    P6250250.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 12
  • P6250251.JPG
    P6250251.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know if that is a good or bad thing to be honest with you. I don't intend to find out either as I don't plan on using it. Just a conversation piece more than anything. Like the bowsaws I am collecting. People see them and say " What the hell is that for" I get a kick out of it more than anything.

It does have good balance though, the rear handle helps to guide and manuver it around.

I also have an 015 with the same set-up and it is almost identical to this one as far as the angle goes.

Someone on the boards was still using one of those. They said it worked pretty good.

I got the hedge trimmer attachment, been looking for a trimmer attachment but haven't been looking that hard.
You know they made a concrete saw with that powerhead? Got one of those somewhere too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just found that out recently. I have never seen one.

There was a very old well preserved Sthil products brochure in with the manuals I got and there was picture of an 020 with the concrete saw attachment.

Anything else they made to latch onto that saw???

Ha, you are all wrong ! A blender however does come to mind.

Back