Crazy Rigging Event + Weird Job Offer!

Heh don't laugh teles are great for distance jumping. Just checkout the long jumpers kit.

If you're bored Google telemark classic race.

Tele rocks. You downhill with them too?

Only downhill except when the skins go on. Haven't back countried in awhile now but my kid is getting into skiing and I love hitting the hill. I skied for years with a lot of top tele talent. Double blacks, out of bounds, steep and deep. You name it. My best bud and best man at my wedding I've seen land a 360 tele before.

I don't downhill, only tele. Not really for a while, though. Been thinking about it lately. A bunion (a progressive big toe bone to foot bone misalignment) makes me feel like I may be moving to snowboarding, only. I don't know if the bunion will put up with the bending. Bummer. Tele rocks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I Patrolled long enough to learn that anything that can be done on a Board or fixed heels can done Tele. Just got details on weird job. Need a crew of 8-10 in five point harness on belay. 26-28 Shekels / hr w OT after eight hour day. Lodging provided. No Parking. Fenway lunch provided daily.

I live just down the road from where they held the Nagano Olympics ski jumping events. Two permanent hills there large and small. I love to watch the world class jumpers in action, men and women The sound of the wind coming off their bodies when in flight is total impressive. Heck of a sport.

Only downhill except when the skins go on. Haven't back countried in awhile now but my kid is getting into skiing and I love hitting the hill. I skied for years with a lot of top tele talent. Double blacks, out of bounds, steep and deep. You name it. My best bud and best man at my wedding I've seen land a 360 tele before.

Good stuff!

I think I misunderstood your question a bit. I downhill only with tale gear never on fixed/alpine gear. I have found tele to be the most versatile form of moving over snow.

I always say free your heel and your mind will follow.

Altissimus are you gonna go rig it up?

Sounds interesting. Lodging is key, I'd think. Could be a party, too. Change of pace is good, often.

I don't downhill, only tele. Not really for a while, though. Been thinking about it lately. A bunion (a progressive big toe bone to foot bone misalignment) makes me feel like I may be moving to snowboarding, only. I don't know if the bunion will put up with the bending. Bummer. Tele rocks!

Get yourself a split board mate. Best of both worlds. Telemark style ascent with climbing skins. Get to the top and then put it how it should be and have some fun on the way down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 25
That structure look mental. I reckon that will be moving a fair bit if the wind picks up.

Rich
. I asked about that. Usually towers are ballasted at the base w concrete blocks or water. Sometimes (like X Games I worked) they set below ground anchors months ahead and run a Stainless leader fairly high into tower then tension. They arent using anything for the ramp. I guess they figure the ramp w a wide footprint and Snow weight is stable.

Did you see the structure Danny Way jumped the Great Wall on a skateboard from? He said afterwards it scared him the movement even with slight breeze.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 55
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BdamrGj7bsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Biggun. Those split decisions are sweet for a board set up. I've boarded, alpine skied, and now tele only. I do believe it to be superior for backcountry travel although I've toured with boarders and alpine skiers who've had no issues.

Yeah squish, I like mine. Bought it last year and looking forward to taking it out to Norway wth me later this month. I need more time on it.

Call it a coincidence or what but I arrive on the 23rd Feb and winter X started in Oslo on the 24th.

What are the chances of that ;)

"Man Made" Snow ... ( Was my Winter job for Ten years ) is Dependant on cold temps. Running what we called "marginal" now ...nighttime only , inefficient w low yields. Ramp is turning White though slowly.

So a Snowmaker bud stopped here last nite , brought up a friend of his ... Turns out the dude went down for the job. Turns out my gut feeling on planning was correct. He was the only Snowmaker / Tree Climber that actually showed. Rest were stagehands he plugged in. Only the one dude had his own saws. They purchased five new small Echo's complete with plastic tip guards. Since Snowmaking wasn't happening yet they packed the first 20' deep w chopped Ice and then made snow over. This overloaded the scaff seriously and even though guyed there was substantial sway , workers had move slow and deliberate. For better pay probably could have had a better crew. Fenway meals were great. Head guy was bad at taking helpful advice. Yes , they partied big at night. My friend had a small and big saw , seems his 22" bar was the workhorse and he asked for and received a few extra Shekels.

Back