Cordless drill for GRCS

treesmith

Banned
Saw this on a construction forum I'm on.....

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-...250&utm_medium=BannerAd&utm_campaign=HoleHawg

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it. Seems it would be VERY handy for running a GRCS without having a cord in the work zone. Battery life shouldn't be too big an issue with a spare on the charger. Carl bought the Fuel impact wrenches last year and I was so impressed I bought one as well. Great for changing flats on the side of the road!

We're about to get started framing my daughter/SIL's house, so I wouldn't mind having one for wiring/plumbing as well. One would never guess I was a gear junkie...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is not just a cordless drill, Nick. It's a cordless version of the Hole Hawg. I'm pretty sure a regular cordless, regardless of voltage, wouldn't handle operating the GRCS.

I have only read a few, Butch. Fairly new, so there aren't many reviews yet. The only three on Amazon are 5-star.

A hole hawg will bodily throw you if it gets hung up unexpectedly. Serious torque

If it ran the GCRS well I would buy it in a heartbeat. I took Carl's recommendation to heart and bought the Milwaukee Impact and a pretty broad line up of M18 tools.

But if you would not be happy with the purchase if it doesn't run the GCRS Treesmith you might want to hold up. First review said 6 studs/more and you might need corded to back out/no low gear.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hadn't noticed no low gear. Well that's a no-go for sure so far as the GRCS is concerned!

Are you happy with the Merle? I bet so! I have 2 1/2" impacts, 1 1/4" impact, and the grinder from Milwaukee. My next purchase may be the grease gun.

Regarding the Hole Hawg, I might wait for the Super Hawg to come out with its two speed gear box. 1200rpm will be considerably lower torque than a 450rpm model with an equal motor.

Will the milwaukee impact pop lug nuts off a semi, or drum chipper knives? Around 200 ft lbs?

Im told the IR cordless will do it, but they dont make any other useful tools id use the batteries for. Kinda proprietary.

I wish they all used the same damn battery.

my chipper knives are 385 foot pounds, when cordless technology gets there I'll get excited!

I use the Milwaukee impact to change tires on my trailers, 1 1/4" nuts. It's never had trouble taking them all off and putting them back on with a single charge. A couple weeks ago I did the brakes front and rear on my 550, one battery for the whole job.

I would think it would handle 200lb/ft no problem. I can try it on the chipper knives if you'd like, the owner's manual specs 180lb/ft for the torque spec. I would be amazed if it couldn't ring them off.

The impact I have is rated for 1100lb/ft of torque, but impacts are rated on their impulse so it's not exactly the same as a torque wrench. I would be interested to try it on Willie's chipper, if it were closer!

My bc1400 is 210ft/lbs, lubed. I have a Snap On 1/2" gun that won't take them off but my IR 3/4" gun will no sweat.
P.S. Do not get the Milwaukee grease gun it's a pain in the ass to prime. Lincoln is better.

That's the first I've heard about a negative with the grease gun. I'll have to check in with my customer and see how they're liking it. You used the M18 Fuel grease gun?

Back