Copma 140.5 Knuckleboom

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea Mike Poor has some incredible cranes. I think he has a 55 ton crane and a crane well over the 100 ton mark too. His kbooms are absolutely crazy and well out of my budget!

The 2655 is even more impressive. Man I have to stop looking at these...

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FUF2_pzlmyY?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FUF2_pzlmyY?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Thats nuts... That outrigger span was pretty intense. I think the 1750 is the biggest one being used for treework IIRC.

Mikes is a pretty nice first KB though. We dont want to give him crane envy :)

That right there would be the shat up here in tall tree country..... Tight access on most places. Bigger cranes are usually too long for the switch backs in the driveways up here.

I have a hard time figuring why those guys that can buy those big cranes even need to work? Just the tires will set a normal person back.

Nice rig, nice truck. My only addition is, do yourself a favor, when working with a short boom( and I need to listen to myself and do this on our 23 ton national) put a forestry style cab guard over the truck like some bucket trucks have. Do it quickly. I've seen some spensive cab damage by one little "O SHIT"! (Not to our rig)

Here are some pictures of 2 trees today (I know no headache rack installed yet). The first was a Black Walnut didn't take us long at all and there was zero lawn damage. All pieces were laid right on the feed table of the chipper. Last picture is of a Spruce we picked out of the flower bed. No mess and just one cut at the bottom and laid that one right on the feed table as well. All of picks are still conservative for now, we are still taking our time learning how to use the truck. The truck is capable of lifting more we are just being cautious.

IMG_1838.jpg IMG_1842.jpg IMG_1843.jpg IMG_1844.jpg IMG_1845.jpg IMG_1848.jpg IMG_1852.jpg IMG_1855.jpg IMG_1856.jpg IMG_1857.jpg IMG_1859.jpg IMG_1860.jpg

I clicked and said 'this better be pictures' :)

What kind of slings are you using? Cow hitch? Looks like its working out well.

Haha sorry it took so long! For now I am using just 3/4'' dead eye slings (I think they are husky rope) until I get some amsteel II's made up. They are working great I like them much so much better than the tuflex slings on the brush. You are correct cow hitch's on all the pieces.

Back