conehead 510

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is a Vee shaped anvil, Ill post a picture. Never could figure out how if everybody knows Cone Heads paint jobs suck why wouldn't they fix that??? Otherwise it seems like a very well engineered chipper, save for the skinny tires on it, talk about ground pressure:|:

Chip quality is excellent except when a log ends up turning sideways which is easy to happen as the drum/feedwheels are 28" wide:\: then you get hunks. You can literally hear the difference when chipping, big stuff goes in and it is kinda smooth sounding, not like a regular drum where it is like the drum is beating it to death. Ill post video. Funny, I looked at a big silver maple today with a ton of big leads and all I could think was the CH is going to love this job;)

Only negative so far is blades cost $68 a piece. kinda pricey IMO

How many knives you got? 40 bones a knife up here on my bandit 250, and I figured I was probably getting ripped being Canadian and all.

OK so I promised a video of it chipping. We took down 4 fairly big trees today, could shoot nearly everything out and had good wheel loader access. 3 loads of chips and 2 knuckle booms of wood.

This maple top has an 8" but and is 30' long and very full, looks smaller in the movie as the chipper is so big but look how small Sam looks at the start. Conehead just chomps her up as I run back with the wheel loader to get another piece:D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oyjrDb1ABWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We were done by 2-30, not bad for a married couple......

Those 'lil trucks hold more chips than you might think!

I'd rather have not enough truck than not enough chipper. :drink:

I think what I need is a big dump trailer to chip into and leave onsite till I have time to dump it, still waiting on Carl to bring it up here................

I might make the Baltimore run myself. Paul, you going to have a booth?
Just talking out loud, but I'd Put money on you selling a few hundred hh if you do.

Yeah, I might could deliver it then easy enough assuming Heather and the kids come (thus I will drive).

Im not sure about a booth yet, gotta hit up a few folks, dont think its on the cards to have one of my own.....

The drum is kinda hour glass shaped so the blades slice wood off the outside of the log not just cut across the whole thing, its supposed to be a way more efficient way to cut. I can say you can "hear" a difference, my old chipper used to really sound violent when a big piece of wood went in whereas the conehead is just smoother and kinda has a slicing sound to it instead of a hitting sound.... Make sense???

Back