15odkxs.gif
25jgxl3.gif
rlxptv.gif
4ptk6c.gif
2nki3d.gif
2qxokjs.gif
1zgz2wj.gif
14n3iag.gif

Hope that stuff never gets used again. Pretty cool. I've been reading about atomic reactions in the encylopedia lately.

I was giving my 20 year old ground guy grief the other day about terror. You guys have it easy, "Oh my goodness, Islamic terrorist are going to attack Boise! Yeah right. I grew up having nightmares with mushroom clouds sprouting up across the SF Bay and feeling the flesh burned of my body."

I think that's why it won't happen. You'll notice we haven't had a world war start since we have had them. Workingwoodboy I have a tree customer that worked on the Manhattan Project and he viewed working on it as saving american lives.

I wasn't thinking to question the validity of the Manhattan project, in the midst of a terrible war, and I don't think they really knew what they were creating. The still alive Hiroshima and Nagasaki survivors do pop up on TV here now and then, some feel compelled to go around and inform of the horrors of their experience, like it's there mission. It doesn't seem so much like bitterness they express, but a warning about what those bombs really are, if anyone has forgotten...or never learned.

Bigger bigger more powerful...the search for more damaging firecrackers never stops.

My Dad was on a troop ship in the middle of the Pacific headed west. When the Japanese surrendered they diverted his ship to Manila. He could very well be here because of the atomic bombs dropped at Nagasaki and Hiroshima. I know what you are saying Woodworkingboy. I'm sure if they were to be misused the makers of them would be pretty pissed.

good post about bad stuff steve, my gramps also was in ie shima, okinawa, and guam as a front line troop along with other places as a support troop

Back