Chainsaw Carvings

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2K
L

Levi

Any good carvers in your area?

This fella has done a few stubs we left behind. I thought it was pretty damn good...

20160325_141051.jpg 20160325_141240.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
PS he said he got around 4k for that one if I remember correctly.

I was approached a few times to carve a spar, but when I gave them my price .......

A carver can do well in the high class neighborhoods where everyone is outdoing the Jones.
Good example is in North Vancouver, B.C. where all the crooked ultra rich Chinese immigrants with their monster homes live.
I heard of one carver who these people hired and paid his trip from Japan to do it . He carved a huge dragon in the Chinese's front yard and they gladly paid him $50K.

I make sculptures from limestone, soapstone and wood from time to time as a kind of therapy. So I am no artist, but I like to show you to examples made from wood.
020et.jpg
Unbenannt3.gif

My neighbour is a professional chainsaw carver, Eddie Freeman

FireFighterZero and MasterBlaster, thanks a lot!
It's made from larch and finished with fire and linseed-oil.

Cool carvings.

Maybe this could be moved into an Official Carving Thread. A showcase, and a place for how-to videos. A good topic, for sure.

I think that it would be a great add-on service, especially for inaccessible stumps.

I've done a few mushrooms. I watched my old supervisor carve a table and chairs out of a stump. He cut it all off in the end, more of the stump was holding the piece the way a pot sits on a potter's wheel. He used to leave them out in the parks for kids.

Back