Cedar Transplantability? Bare Root Transplant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The topar is the black weed paper. It'll be removed before the root ball is burried, but it should offer support to the root ball and it's available locally.

I can't wait to see the pictures, Carl.

I have a feeling it would have been safe to bid quite a bit higher. There is a chance that these trees are much more valuable to him than nursery trees ever would be. These are HIS trees.

Cool either way! I hope it works out well for you, him, and the trees.

love
nick

ps- I was recently taught by someone in the LA Urban Forestry Division that caliper is measured 6" above the trunk. I wish this was more consistent!

I talked to a local landscraping friend of mine. He was talking about having trees this size shipped in from some place north of Nashville (6 hours away).

I figured they would come from drastically different soil conditions and the price would be comparable or higher after shipping was figured in. These technically aren't "his", their on a neighboring vaccant lot, and yes, he got permission to move them :)

Today's the day. Ended up getting a mini ex for cheaper than I thought, RSC was sold out.

Got the tractor and mulch loaded, heading to the site to drop then off and pick the ex up. Daniel is coming by here to get the welder and other stuff I'll need from here in his pickup.

Back