Calif. Bill SB 1399

• Thread starter Frans
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 2K
F

Frans

Hello,

I’m writing on behalf of State Senator Joe Simitian of Palo Alto, CA in regards to our bill SB 1399. We hope that we can get the support of the California Arborists Association.

The bill, in a nutshell, protects trees from being ordered to be cut down if those trees were planted before a neighbor’s solar panels were installed.

The bill stems from a recent court case where neighbor A had to cut down their trees that were shading neighbor B’s solar panels even though the trees pre-existed the panels.

Here is a link to a short news story on the event: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...solar-panels-are-put-in-the-shade-807014.html

Attached is 1) a copy of the bill 2) a fact sheet that provides background and 3) a template letter of support.

Feel free to call or email me if you have any questions.

Thank you for your consideration,

Anthony Sanchez
Legislative Aide/Senate Fellow
Office of Senator Joe Simitian
Phone: (916) 651-4011
Fax: (916) 323-4529
http://www.senatorsimitian.com/

they should add satellite dishs too. I hate when folks want to slay a tree for TV!:X

they should add satellite dishs too. I hate when folks want to slay a tree for TV!:X

Here, here on both the solar panels and the dishes. I turned a dish clearance job down last month.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This came to me as an email.

Tough question save a tree, get all the benefits of trees, or, get a non polluting energy source.

Save the tree. Intall the solar panel elsewhere. Friggin A- install the solar panel IN the tree.

There are countless benefits the tree provides and they only increase as the tree grows.

Frans, I'm a CA resident, too. If there's anything I can do (gather signatures for a petition, make some phone calls, chain myself to a tree) just let me know.

love
nick

Save the tree, move the stupid dish.

Hell, I HAVE a dish, and mounted it elsewhere to NOT cut the tree down.

You got my vote, FWIW