Buying bullets

• Thread starter The Branch Doctor
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 4K
Say what ya want, but unlike the Glock... I've never heard of a KB from a Smith. :lol:

I haven't looked, I have a few boxes of rounds and no real need for more. I might fire my gun 1-2 times per year.

Should practice a while first Brian, get a 1000 rounds or more fired, make sure you can really hit consistently. If the time ever comes you want muscle memory.:evil:

Some people can shoot a pistol. I'm one that cannot .I'd be lucky to hit a barn if I were inside of it .

If I were in need of some fire power I suppose the old 12 gauge would suffice well enough .I seldom miss with that one .:)

Not much,I never cared much for a sidearm because I couldn't hit anything .

I might have if I had a 22 or something .The price of those 38's and 45's are a tad pricey to just plink tin cans .

Oh I can hit stuff just not like with a rifle or shotgun .

I kind of got away from shooting ,just an occasional aerial bombardment of a crow stupid enough to fly over at less than 200 feet . Above that I can't quite get the old Marlin to reach out that high .Still blow a black feather or two out some times . At a hundred feet I seldom miss . Just not that many stupid crows around any more .I think they must talk amongst themselves .;)

I mainly shoot reloads, and that supply market has been tight due to the war. I did go by Walmart to buy some 9mm WWB, but they we're sold out. Last night I did look at replenishing my bullet supply at some point. I'm sure the mail man would love to deliver 600lbs of 9mm bullets, he did last time. :lol:

To me, bullets are the thing that goes inside the case, over the powder and primer which collectively makes a "round" or "cartridge".

o....well, im not buying the bullets. those are free. im paying you for the shipping and that just happens to be REALLY expensive...;)

I did the same knee jerk reaction when Clinton first got in office 1st term.
I bought reloading equipment to reload my own. I stocked up on primers, powder, dies, bullets and brass in everything I had.
Nothing ever happened and 16 years later I still have the same reloading stuff, but only about half the stock.

So I am rolling the dice this time and say it is just a knee jerk reaction again and the gun shops love it.
Hope I am right.

Last edited:
It sucks for sure. I think ammo production is being curtailed somewhat, due to possible changes in standards in construction of the cartridge. There was a "knee jerk" reaction after your President was chosen, but retailers aren't able to get ammo from producers at all right now. That seems to be a cut in production.

Back