Bucket Truck Rescue System

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A figure 8, with 10mm cord like Beeline, or the Reep Shnur in the base tie kit would work. It can be a little hard to control on the single line especially for someone not familiar with that type of abseil. Most 'kits' can be assembled 'a la carte' and customized to the users needs which is great. I would be leary personally rappelling on a single strand of 8mm cord like HRC.

This specific kit, IMO, is better suited to line clearance operations where operators may not be as skilled rope technicians as you see in residential operations.

If theres a place in the boom or under the controls where it doesnt interfere with anything that would be better than kicking around in the bucket.

To me, the take away is having a dedicated system that enables fast response. I believe in purpose had components, stored ready for an emergency. Response time is everything especially if a truck is on fire or hydraulic fluid is everywhere.

We set one up at a place I used to work. It was 8mm beeline and a fig 8 double wrapped. It was pre rigged in a bag. You I clipped the green carabiner, toss the bag, and clip the green carabiner to your harness. It was attached to the bucket via a loc-tited screw link so you couldn't unclip the wrong thing...

love
nick

I have some 80 feet of tec cord bagged, in the bucket. I also have 80 feet of blaze bagged and rigged with an 8 in the toolbox. I also wear a harness that has a front attachment point.

The last time I was stranded, I did it in reverse: I had my guy on the ground toss a throwline up to me.

I have some 80 feet of tec cord bagged, in the bucket. I also have 80 feet of blaze bagged and rigged with an 8 in the toolbox. I also wear a harness that has a front attachment point.

I would recommend not to fast a bail on the Tech Cord... .Jacket melts pretty easy. You probably already know that though.

Samson Nick..

http://www.samsonrope.com/Pages/Product.aspx?ProductID=443

Cord I ask you to make some eye 2 eye with a while back ...
443_SL.jpg

Back