Bluetooth's Do you use them?

• Thread starter Chipperjones
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 899
C

Chipperjones

So my son decided to give me his over used iPhone. Took me a week or two to figure out how exactly it all works, but its pretty great. I gave up my old samsung flipper phone for it, but the headset i use while on the road does not work. In my search for a new headset my son mentioned bluetooth....so im here asking. Ive seen a few of you out there with these things in your ears...are they worth it? Do they work good? easy to use? I noticed they have speaker phones as well, i have been eyeing this Jabrea Cruiser speakerphone, just wanted some advice before i bought something i know nearly nothing about!

Welcome to the TreeHouse, CJ. My name is Butch. Are you in the tree bizz? Your profile is lacking.

I don't use Bluetooth, myself.

Hi CJ

A bluetooth speaker and a bluetooth headset are very different. The first is just an amplifier and a microphone that connects to your phone wirelessly with bluetooth. I would imagine you can find ones that work to varying degrees from great to not so great.

As far as bluetooth headsets, they work fine, depending on how much you spend. Most useful in the car unless you want to be flashy and wear it walking around. The headset is something you need to charge the other can likely be plugged in to the car.

Welcome to the Treehouse.
I have had two: First was a "Blue Ant" which is neat as it takes voice-commands. the second and my current bt earpiece is the "Motorola H17".
The H17 is small, light, rugged, and great if you drive with your window down; it manages wind noise quite well.
I first heard about it from a long-haul truck driver who told me he could hear and be heard above the noise of his rig and the wind.
They cost less than $30 on Amazon.

I have it in my hearing aids. Works pretty good both for driving and just walking around.

For shame Stig, i thought you might have told them where the word Bluetooth came from -

The word "Bluetooth" is an anglicised version of the Scandinavian Blåtand/Blåtann, the epithet of the tenth-century king Harald I of Denmark and parts of Norway who united dissonant Danish tribes into a single kingdom. The idea of this name was proposed by Jim Kardach who developed a system that would allow cell phones to communicate with computers (at the time he was reading Frans Gunnar Bengtsson's historical novel The Long Ships about Vikings and king Harald Bluetooth).[4] The implication is that Bluetooth does the same with communications protocols, uniting them into one universal standard.[5][6][7]
The Bluetooth logo is a bind rune merging the Younger Futhark runes (Hagall) (ᚼ) and (Bjarkan) (ᛒ), Harald's initials.

170px-Bluetooth.svg.png

I have bluetooth built in to my stereo system in my car. CA is quite strict on the "no handheld devices while driving thing" So when I get in the truck the phone gets mounted into one of these little numbers...

315p1OuwKnL._AA280_.jpg

and when a call comes in I just press the button and start talking. I text all day while driving by talking to Siri!

love
nick

Back