Billy Bob

• Thread starter RIVERRAT
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 3K
R

RIVERRAT

Now dammit Billy Bob, with a name like that I'm expecting a lot out of ya!!

Welcome man!

Welcome!

Would you like to tell us more about yourself?

I am semi-retired and have a varied background doing all sorts of stuff.

So far as this summer, I have been spending a lot of time fixing things. Car, truck, installed an electric start on my 34 ton wood splitter, installed a big bore piston and cylinder on a Stihl 460, dug out part of my crawl space so I could get to the plumbing and do some plumbing and electrical work, and on and on. Then been felling, limbing, and bucking for someone who wants a bunch of maple trees removed.

My toys are a...
-Stihl 460 (big bore mod and muffler mod) with 36 inch bar - square ground full skip chain.
-Stihl 460 with 32 inch bar - square ground full skip chain.
-Stihl 260 Pro with 20 inch safety bar and safety chain (for inexperienced helpers).
-Electric "big box store" chainsaw (embarrassed to say manufacturer name).

-PPE Chaps, hardhat with ear muffs and face shield, chainsaw protective gloves.

Then square ground chain grinder, round ground chain grinder, chain breaker, and chain spinner. Also 34 ton wood splitter (now with electric start so I don't kill myself trying to start the thing and having it pull back!)

Cool, welcome to The House. I won't even get started on those bar lengths :lol:.

To each their own
To each their own
To each their own

I'm just funning ya, I'm known to kick up a fuss now and then over the longer bar lengths.8)

Actually I initially got the long bars to cut the big stuff we have around here. The plan was to use the big bars for the big stuff and the small bar for smaller stuff.

But I quickly learned the 32" bar was great for bucking small stuff on the ground. It really saves my back! So this is my favorite saw and I use it for almost everything. The 36" is too long to carry around. (I'm of course not climbing trees.)

I heard there was free beer & peanuts to be had! Oh hey BB, welcome to the House! You the guy buying?:P

HC

The 36" is pushing it for a 460. If you really need a 36" bar then you need to jump up to a 660.

The 460 that 36" bar is on has a modified larger bore piston and head, so it has the cc's of a 650. Also has a modified muffler to let more exhaust out. I've only needed it about 4 times this summer, so don't use it that much.

The 460 that 36" bar is on has a modified larger bore piston and head, so it has the cc's of a 650. Also has a modified muffler to let more exhaust out. I've only needed it about 4 times this summer, so don't use it that much.

BUT!!!! Did you do a woods port on the BB kit, or is it just stock?
My BB 046 has a woods port. It LIKES the 32":D

Back