BBB Accredidation

lumberjack

Young man on the go
I got a call from "Bus Relations" (CID) and answered the call. It was the BBB saying that I was eligible for accreditation for $340. I don't know if it's a one time fee, or a annual fee. They say it's invite only, but I thought "big deal" when they said that.

Anywho, anyone have this accreditation? Is it worth it? It looks like 16 other companies in my state are accredited, and only "near" me at 75 miles away.

And yes, I mispelled accreditation. :(

I got the same call today from the BBB. said the same thing, another advertising ploy. She reassured me that It was invite only and I had to passed or meet the specs to even be considered. I'm going to read over the fax she sent me. I was in the middle of fixing a trailer light when she called.

I'm thinking it might be a big feather in the cap, so to speak.

i have it and its a yearly fee but a lot of people look there for better than average work and companys but if you do one thing wrong it goes against u like a black mark and after a few of those u get blacklisted

If you want BBB accreditation then skip the scam artist solicitor and call BBB directly. I bet if you talk directly to the source that you'll find out something other than what the solicitor told you.

ANYBODY calling your phone unsolicited and trying to sell you something should be viewed with extreme suspicion. After all, the 99% of scam artists give a bad name to the other 1% of legitimate businesses.

Long ago I wasted money on the BBB. Useless. Not only was the membership/acredidation useless the org is useless too.

BBB called me last winter after a 'customer' called checking on me...or so the sales dude said.

I filled out the paper work, paid the money and cant say its done me anything. However, I think it is too early to tell.

I too saw it as the feather in my cap. Im the only service in town with it and until the new phone books comeout, im sure the others havent even thought about it.

They will probably just point at your ad with the BBB logo and laugh to themselves. ;)
When I was a kid I thought it meant something. But in the last 25 years I haven't seen any evidence of them ever doing anything to help promote businesses who are registered. It means nothing to anybody except perhaps a few old bluehairs who remember way back in the 50s or 60s when the BBB logo might have stood for something.

They will probably just point at your ad with the BBB logo and laugh to themselves. ;)
When I was a kid I thought it meant something. But in the last 25 years I haven't seen any evidence of them ever doing anything to help promote businesses who are registered. It means nothing to anybody except perhaps a few old bluehairs who remember way back in the 50s or 60s when the BBB logo might have stood for something.

I think you are right. The only people who have ever checked up on me have been seasoned citizens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It will mean something to me if the solicitor doesn't call back since I told them I'd call if I decided I was interested.

Right now, I aint feelin it.

Back