arbor soft works, vs arbor gold

thattreeguy

TreeHouser
is anybody using the tcia associated, or accredited, data program?
arbor soft works.
computer set up and lap top .

i was really interested in arbor gold, and we had spoken to the lady twice
demo'd the system..................
and here a few months later we shoot her a call and ask if the system will work off our quickbooks pro or if we'd need to change....since we are getting the computer ready....

she obviously wasnt having a good day
and ...well shot herself in the foot in my opinion by proceeding to tell my wife
"ive spoken to you several times already and i dont have time for this....what do you want me to do send you the system so you can just start using it?"
she had some other way of saying it but it sounded like if youre not buying right now, i dont have time for you

well excuse me, i guess the couple grand i struggled to save to put down on it, might have to go to someone who isnt an ass on the phone, gosh is that the kind of customer service you get with them....?

so is anyone using these systems?

wife wants to put it in this season, so it can make our paper trail tighter, and more efficient, and no more digging thru boxes of invoices.

i like the idea of being able to type up a proposal, provide a computer drawn map, or add photos as needed, right from my truck, and while im out driving around, kristy can fore ward things to me and retrieve bids i just did as well. and be able to do the scheduling and billing

i think it would be more pro than my triplicate paper forms, which are ok, but when fruit tree season comes i want to be able to pull up all the fruit tree clients, and print up labels for post cards.

point is, we are investing in the office end, striving to be more professional, and give ourselves a bit of an edge over my competitors

any thoughts tree fam?

and happy mothers day to all of you moms out there.

I looked at those programs too and just couldn't find a fit for my sized outfit. I had similar thoughts as to the print out forms vs quadruplicate forms.

I have seen it work and found it to be very comprehensive to what we do. I can understand the frustration, with the call but I do know that the support with the program goes a long way. My .02 fwiw

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have seen it work and found it to be very comprehensive to what we do. I can understand the frustration, with the call but I do know that the support with the program goes a long way. My .02 fwiw

SO YOU USE THE GOLD?

hmmm, wifes gonna have to call one of ya that pm'd me, how bout a #?

I looked at a few of those systems years ago and could not justify the cost based on the benefits they provided. Quickbooks Pro is pretty good for keeping a database of customers with all relevant information; you can generate labels, mailing lists, track all of the pertinent sales, tax info, etc. Maps are no longer an issue, since most cell phones now have internet access for GoogleMaps and I have a cheapo GPS in my truck. Payroll and worker's comp is taken care of by the employee leasing company. I hardly ever write estimates in the field any more. I take notes at the site, then send an estimate via e-mail, fax, or snail mail from the office. It's much more professional than a hand written estimate.
My point is, you may not need to spend a bunch of money on fancy software when you have may already have the same tools on hand.

Dave spent 10 years developing improving my own software for my company. It is a key to how I grew from one crew to over 8,
Make sure that whatever system will fit you biz style, otherwise you will have to change to its style or you will get frustrated and stop using it.
You will need a lot of support at first, and hopefully you can adjust the program to your system.

Its a big move but it will save and make you money. Some of the best things my company had, besides all my excellent employees, was a great client database system, a fulltime mechanic, and state champion climbers. oh yeah and a Mat 3

thanks for the replies, when i get more time ill ask another question or 2 about it, the hours are out of hand right now

mat 3 ..huh.....ive seen ads for them, but never used one, or seen one up close..
that good?...better than an aloc?

Dave, I talked to Kristy yesterday, what are your thoughts on the program so far?

I'm also looking for input. I want to get my feet wet with running certain aspects of my business through a computer program. I'm thinking of printing invoices right at the truck instead of writing them. I also want to keep my customers info in a database for mailing purposes. What should I buy? No, I don't want to spend thousands initially.

Ever try Excel? It will blow the doors off of arbor soft as far as power and control, but it is less user friendly. I can track anything I want. Profit margin per job, employee hours, revenue per man hour, revenue per work hour, break down fuel for each piece of equipment per month/year, schedule, client list/ call log, maintenance tracking for each piece of equipment, keep track of accounts receivables, etc.... anything you want to do and it is there.

I dont use any of those programs but i will say this, the most serious businesses in the world are run off of excel. A training class in advanced use can be had at local community colleges for cheap and will enable you to harness one of the most powerful tracking programs available to common consumers. It is so much more than just simple spreadsheets.

Dave spent 10 years developing improving my own software for my company. It is a key to how I grew from one crew to over 8,
Make sure that whatever system will fit you biz style, otherwise you will have to change to its style or you will get frustrated and stop using it.
You will need a lot of support at first, and hopefully you can adjust the program to your system.

Its a big move but it will save and make you money. Some of the best things my company had, besides all my excellent employees, was a great client database system, a fulltime mechanic, and state champion climbers. oh yeah and a Mat 3

This post holds alotta weight with me, if we had a "post of the year" contest I would nominate this one.

so far im into it, i am about to get a handheld to go out in the field with, kristy is really the one to ask..she;s smarter than me ya know..well when it comes to computers

Back