Another Chip Box Project

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 42
  • Views 4K
al had one for sale a while back, with a hoist
Al still has one for sale ,actually two if anybody is interested .One has Chevy ton and half under it with a 366 gasser . The other is just resting for moment on a long bed Chevy that is going to be the frame for my bandsaw mill .

I wish somebody would buy those SOBs' and get them off my property . I'm going to get a burr under my tail some day and put the torch to them if they aren't gone soon .:(

Great work man ! Looking at your back, I thought it was a picture of me ! Hey; I'm always working on some kind of project . Old School !:D:D:D:D:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry no pics today. I was too busy, too greasy, and too tired to take any. We finished up the PTO, pulled the dump bed and tool boxes off of the old truck, torched off the heavy duty hitch mount, and then got everything lined up and situated in place on the new truck to make sure everything fits. We're taking a day off tomorrow to do some real work and buy a few more parts, then on Friday we'll bolt everything in, weld up the hitch, and rewire the lights.

Looks like you're doing a bangup job Brett, with all your moves well thought out and planned. I'd have made two steps forward and one step back about half a dozen times by now if it was me :|:.

Oh it isn't that bad B .Kinda like falling off a log ,once you do enough of them it becomes old hat .

As it turns out it looks like the chip hauler which has taken up residence in my shop should get finished this weekend . Evidently someone is interested in it ,goody goody .:D

Almost finished today! :D All that's left is hooking up the brake controller, lights, finish mounting the tool boxes, and cleaning up all of the greasy fingerprints. :what:

And here she is:

Attachments

• HPIM0723.JPG
    HPIM0723.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 5
Good looking unit Mr. Sir. If anyone is building one of these units I have a hotshift PTO for an Allison and I have a pump also. Although they don't mate up, you would have to put a driveshaft between them.

Good looking unit Mr. Sir. If anyone is building one of these units I have a hotshift PTO for an Allison and I have a pump also. Although they don't mate up, you would have to put a driveshaft between them.
You can get quite creative on the method to transfer the power for the hydraulics . Fact is sitting in my shed is a self contained unit which uses an electric clutch . Tom has one lying around that vee belts off the main engine using an electric clutch .

Dang it Steve, I wish I had known that last week! :( I bought a brand new PTO, almost $1,200. :O Its electric/hydraulic and runs a driveshaft into the existing pump that I already had. Oh well, too late now. :cry:

I know. This is what made me think of it. I also have a manual PTO that mates up through a spline with the pump that I have.

Back