Allergies Suck!

GASoline71

'cause chicks dig scars
Ever since I turned 30 (10 years ago)... my allergies have progressively gotten worse each year. :tard:

I am stuffed up, and my eyes are killing me... It doesn't matter what the docs give me, or what OTC junk I take... This knocks the crap out of me :slam: every dang year.

I frickin' hate it. Anybody else suffer through this time of year? I bet it's dang near the lot of ya. :)

There... I'm done whinin'... :whine:

:lol:

Gary

Actually I had my first allergic reaction to a bee or wasp sting last week. Little bastard somehow crawled up in my shirt and stung me on my belly, later on I broke into hives and was itching like crazy for a few days.

Just the opposite for me. During my teenage years the allergies were very bad. Now I hardly even sneeze. I think a doctor along the way for told that the allergies will come and go through about a ten year cycle for most people. He was right so far. Sorry for your feeling lousy Gary, I know how it feels. Mine were so bad that I would hate to have a job these days working out side with a chainsaw and all the saw dust, ppe, ear plugs, hard hat and everything else. I feel for ya man.:cry: I'm really glad that mine have cleared up though.:P

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a Neti-pot Butch...

I do use it about once a week... you wouldn't believe the crap that comes out of there.

takes a bit to get used to doing it... but it works.

:)

Gary

Every year I have had to deal with allergies so I know how you feel. I had an allergy test done last year to find I am allergic to 20 or so different tree species in this area, all year round. Now every two weeks I give myself a shot with a serum derived from the species that bother me. Not a 100% fix though, I still have itchy eyes and congested sinuses.

I just browsed that article Frans, it is interesting, going to read it more in depth now thanks for the link.

Reactine seems to keep me on an even keel. last year I didnt have too many days that I needed to take it.

There was a very interesting fellow who talked about trees and allergies at our Horticultural Expo this year. He said that because everyone hates cleaning up fruit and seed pods, around 80% or 90% of the trees planted these days are male and therefore pollen producers. He said that the effect can be very local, that the trees that are bugging you may be in your yard. He recommends planting trees that have perfect flowers with the male and female parts in the same flower, female trees, or self pollinating trees where the pollen is heavy and falls from the top of the tree to the bottom. Here is the book the guy wrote about the subject. He was quite the character and gave a good lecture.

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Other-Propositions-Allergy-Free-World/dp/1580083145

Here is his website:

http://www.allergyfree-gardening.com/

Alright Gasoline man. When you complained about your back a while back I smugly thought to myself "I'm glad I don't have those problems". My back has been hurting ever since. I have also been thinking that I'm glad that when I turned about 25 that my allergies went away. I live in a really bad allergy area. I hope you haven't jinxed me in the allergy area also.

Nah, I get hammered too. I take the Claritin and it keeps my head kinda clear. I don't mess with going to the clinic on base to get stuff because it'll ground me. But I'd rather fly on Claritin than fly half out of my mind because I can't breath or balance myself.

My Dad has them. His Dad had them. Now I have them. I carry a spit cup now for all the crap I'm caughing up in the mornings.

Nah, I get hammered too. I take the Claritin and it keeps my head kinda clear. I don't mess with going to the clinic on base to get stuff because it'll ground me. But I'd rather fly on Claritin than fly half out of my mind because I can't breath or balance myself.

My Dad has them. His Dad had them. Now I have them. I carry a spit cup now for all the crap I'm caughing up in the mornings.

Do you still have them when you are out at sea Jeff?

Not that I've noticed, but my last deployment was my first one in four years. Before that, everything was in the Bering Sea. I'm not on a boat very often....and that's a good thing!

Back