ALB

Probably not; there's a bidding process involved for removing the 1600 trees, but I know the usual big muni players like Northern et al will probably bid a buck over expenses just to make sure they get the contracts, as usual.

Ultimately, it hurts us smaller guys.

Most taxpayers would be happy with getting the jobs handled for a buck over expenses. Can't have it both ways. ;)

Heh man I'm Canadian. I'm all about taxes.

Around here some of the bigger companys appear to be a cluster f#@%, and there's no way I could see them being competitive with myself.

Greg, I heard a rumor this morning that an ALB was found in Barre.

I hope it's JUST a mis-ID or a RUMOR.

:\:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The book they handed out had some of th "look-alikes" in it could be one of those..... Although you are really close to the zone.:\:

My search today turned up nothing. We decided to do some community outreach, get the public helping us out with some eyes on the street.

I swung by the post office this morning, and gave them a copy of the ALB alert poster to hang up. I was surprised it's not in any of the PO's I checked today... you'd think that would be a GREAT place to get the word out, right?

I sent an email to Melissa Levangie this morning; she emailed me back, and said she hadn't heard anything... but will let me know if she finds anything out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I went to yet another ALB talk last night. This is some seriously scary stuff. The speaker from the Forest Service told us that the original New York infestation was discovered 10 years after it had gotten there.:\:

I've got to believe its already here in the Bean.....

After much deliberation and thought...

They can keep it. I don't want or need the headaches.

Back