Additives, to overcome the ethanol. (Star Tron)

Nate a Surveyor

TreeHouser
So far, my favorite is STAR TRON. I's told it is some sort of enzyme. Let me be clear, I am NOT affiliated in ANY way with this company. BUT, It does make my saws run better. And, all my small engines, for that matter. I put about an oz in 5 gallons. So far, it is my best solution for ETHANOL. Any other users of it? When I run it, it is almost as good as Pre-ethanol days.

Works for me. I am always open to better solutions, if you have any.

I get it in 8 oz bottles, at my local store, for around 7 bucks.

If you Google or look on ebay, it is all over.

N

I add a splash to the tank in my weedeater, mowers, and log splitter before winter and run it so it makes its way into the carb. Works excellent. one $7 bottle does 48 gallons.

I could wash the ethanol out of the gas then dry it but are there additives in regular gas that aren't in the ethanol blend? Something might come out in the wash cycle that should stay.

I started using Star-Tron in our work saws about a year ago. Seems to do the trick. Can't honestly say I notice much difference, but it gives a little peace of mind.

My bud has been telling me he has been putting an enzyme type additive in his gas. It sounded like snake oil to me but hey, who knows. I keep hearing of ethanol problems but haven't had any of my own. It is cheap insurance I guess. Reminds me I need to put some fresh gas in the weedeater and run it.

Back