30 mtr tassie blue gum removal

Very nice production, good job, nice music.
I've never been to Australia so only do the odd small to medium Eucalyptus. They always strike me as a tree that behaves itself, rigs good, no surprises. Are there any hidden horrors?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yep the smoothest sections I will notch grips for the work rope so it doesn't slid out ( has happened) and sometimes can tear horribly without warning pulling past your polestrap (has happened) so wing cuts and a second undercut are sometimes used when needed.

Nice vid, Stilh. Welcome to the Treehouse.

Natural crotch tie in points on those trees must feel almost the same as being on a friction saver!

I LOVED the music! Dramatic in all the right places.
Great video of your work too!

I'm in Tassie most of the year moved recently, the first time I climbed one of those super smooth eucs it gave me the heebies, it was a prune, no spikes, flip they are slippery!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thankyou Bermy, yes they really are a challenge to move on particularly when wet (* like greased owl poo). Glad you appreciated the music, had to smile when editing because I wanted Beethoven ever since seeing a clockwork orange but it turned out even better than I anticipated.

Awesome Ben, it's easy to 'zone out' and watch your tree takedowns. Your editing is getting really good really fast. Keep it up, Smashdown Production rules!

Back