201 serial #

brendonv

Tree Hugger
Just sold my last two running, though well used 200ts today.

What serial number 201t do i need to make sure i get that has the upgrades? Or will they all at this point?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not really $550 for the two. They ran, but well worked. Just wanted to get most of the cost of a new one. Think i coulda got more but didnt wanna deal with shipping etc.

Sure, makes sense. I think my foreman would murder me if I sold off the 200's!

I'd murder myself if I sold mine :lol:...but it's a low hour unit that will likely never see many more hours.

Ok, my crap one is a 2012 serial no 1756049 the good one is a 2013 serial no 177114915. I know the numbers are different length but that is what was on them(I wore glasses and used a magnifying glass)
Hope that helps

Thanks. Looks like late 175's up are good according to a buzz thread i found . Mines a 178. Sweet

No i haven't. Going back to logging tomorrow for the rest of the week. Then prob get some air time next week.

Good Morning,

Serial number 177543232 and above have all the modifications installed on the assembly line.

Larry, HOS

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I do not post very much, usually only when I have something that may really be of help to somebody.

Take care, Larry HOS

And I really think it's BS Stihl is charging people for the upgrade! "Yeah, we can charge people more money to get their saws to run like they should have when we made them!" Laughing all the way to the bank, nice one Stihl!

And I really think it's BS Stihl is charging people for the upgrade! "Yeah, we can charge people more money to get their saws to run like they should have when we made them!" Laughing all the way to the bank, nice one Stihl!

I agree. I've always favored Stihl saws over other brands, but this is just bad customer service.

In defense of Stihl, they did have a rough go of it years back when they were field testing the prototype 201's.
A few of the saws were stolen on the eastern US seaboard, then dissected and put on display on the internet for all on the planet to see................sure didn't help their research and product development on the saw any.

I see it as, if you were dumb enough to buy one with out trying it first oh well.

Not like after the first few there weren't plenty of warnings out there to start out.

Back