2004 Honda Element

I've seen that trick backfire. If the cigarette ricochets off of something and knocks some sparks off. Let's just say parts washers have those lids for a reason. No O2, no fire.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd sell it for $6500 as is, I just don't want there to be a history of ever-increasing prices in my ads as I dump more money into it fixing stuff.

I didn't know that you could even sell a used car without being able to tell the mileage when the would be purchaser wanted to know. At least pick a number. Wonder if a mechanic can estimate by looking at the car?

Thanks guys, I'll look into the odometer issue soon. I haven't had time yet. I haven't fixed the AC yet either. Like I said, it's not ready to sell yet but somebody might want to buy it as is for a good price.

That's an interesting concept, offering to sell a work in progress when it is completed....or I guess you are saying at any point. Somehow it's more believable that someone saying the standard line of that I fixed this and that back then.

No emissions standards in those days.

Sweet deal Brian.

I am contemplating doing the same thing you are doing on a 2000 F350. I know the guy want's it gone, I know it needs a good cleaning, and some odds and ends fixed. But if I can get it for what I think I can I can flip it and make 5k.

Good luck!

If you buy it, try to skip signing the title. That way you can just transfer the title directly to the next buyer without your name being on it. I ended up having to sign the title and it will cost me $250 in sales tax plus title fees because of that signature.

Selling street rods that were a work in progress used to be pretty common. "I just put a cam in it, and I've got the headers". Everyone knew the cars had been raced to shat too. Mileage didn't mean much, either.

No emissions standards in those days, and kids knew how to work on cars. High school auto shop.... :|:

Spent 4 hours cleaning the toaster box this morning. Took some new pictures and updated my Craigslist ad.
http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/1925431640.html

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

If you buy it, try to skip signing the title. That way you can just transfer the title directly to the next buyer without your name being on it. I ended up having to sign the title and it will cost me $250 in sales tax plus title fees because of that signature.

I learned that the hard way here when I bought a motorcycle and sold it a few days later eat into the profit margin for sure!

I'm shopping for seat covers. I found these waterproof endura seat covers at www.GTcovers.com for $189. Anybody have any other suggestions? I bought some cheapies from Wal Mart for my bucket truck and they suck. I need something good enough to increase the value of the vehicle instead of decrease it.

It's called "jumping the title " okay if you can get away with it . Some states people say they paid less for them than they did .In KY though from what my bro says they nail you for "blue book " value no matter if you do have a bill of sale stating you paid less .

4th reply to my Craigslist ad today, call me prejudiced but I am going to ignore this one. Oops, I accidentally deleted it! :O

(All Craigslist emails have that yellow warning included, I'm talking about the sender's name and tone of his language)

I'm tellin you ,you have more patience than me .It doesn't take very long for me to get a little short with "tire kickers " .These butt holes around here like to "trade " like 2 old coon hounds and a beat up pick up truck or some stupid stuff like that . Fact is when I sold the old Caddy I had to flat out run a few off ,got on my nerves big time .

Back