1988 ATK 406MX 2-stroke Dirtbike

GASoline71

'cause chicks dig scars
A well kept big ol' torque monster. Just don't have time to ride anymore, and I hate to see the beast sit. Bike has been well maintained, and I bought it from the original owner that bought it brand new in Puyallup, WA in 1988. I have a clear title. I need to get the ORV tags updated... but the bike is titled in my name.

As far as ATK 406MX's go this one is slightly rare as it has a beautifully fabricated aluminum swingarm that was made by a company called CalFab from Southern California. There were only about two hundred 406's made in 1988, and there were only a handful that had the CalFab swingarm. I have rebuilt the Mikuni carb, and have extra jets, needles, and an extra slide. It has a rebuilt rear WP shock that was rebuilt by American Dirt Bike out of Norco, California. I also have an extra rear spring for the shock. Front forks have new oil in them and do not leak. I have an extra rim with an unused paddle tire on it, and a brand new sprocket on it as well. The rear tire on the bike is a Maxxis Max-Cross that has seen about 5 rides. New wheel bearings front and rear. I have a helmet too... if it fits you... it goes with the bike. I have extra brake pads, the original owner’s manual, and an Illustrated Parts List for the Rotax engine. Cobra Sparky spark arrestor, and extra springs for the pipe. I have an AVS stand that goes with the bike as well. As well as a 5 gal race fuel jug and a quart and a half of Amsoil Dominator 2-stroke racing oil. I have an extra seat for it too. The original owner was short so he cut the seat foam down and it didn't feel too hot for my 6'5" frame. So I have a seat on it from a 1989 ATK 406 with the stock seat foam. So the original goes with it. Also have a pair of 8’ loading ramps that go with the bike too.

This bike is featured at www.americandirtbike.com on the "photos" page. American Dirt Bike stocks all the parts necessary to maintain this bike and the owner Keith Fearing will get you anything you need, and is invaluable with his knowledge of the ATK bikes.

It has a left side kick start. I'm a pretty tall guy so I have no problems starting it with my left foot.

Asking $1,650 or best offer. Contact Gary at (360) 320-2472, I work a rotating schedule, so if I don't answer, please leave a message. Or email me gasoline@comcast.net

Thanks,

Gary

Attachments

• 1988 ATK 406MX 001.jpg
    1988 ATK 406MX 001.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 1988 ATK 406MX 002.jpg
    1988 ATK 406MX 002.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 1988 ATK 406MX 004.jpg
    1988 ATK 406MX 004.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 1988 ATK 406MX 003.jpg
    1988 ATK 406MX 003.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 13
I like the mono shock set up.

I had a YZ 360 and a YZ 490 back in my teens. Huge torque for my 130 lb. body.

I dont think I have the physical conditioning anymore to hang on to that ATK

Gary, thats a bad SOB, wanna trade for my yz250f that I dont have time to ride either?? My bike is only fun on a good trail or moto X track whereas yours is probably fun just to monkey around on anywhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep... also pay for kids braces on their teeth... :)

I'm also savin' for a new Chevy truck. Should have one near the middle of the summer. :thumbup:

Gary

Back