The cutting edge of tree removal

Holy shit. I feel bad for the competition.

What do you figure that cost? Around 400k is my guess.

Seems like a lot of torque on the boom.

I'm not a crane engineer, clearly.

Bad news for climbers with trees in reach of that boom.

I’m guessing over a half mill, maybe closer to one. I remember that Mayer had two machines at the ‘17 expo that were $800,000 each just to get them to the US. A rather large outfit with a very large range of services. Also a very good place to work from what I was told.

Changed my guesstimate. 1.5 million

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess a $800k

Is that a dedicated machine on the truck, or an attachment like other grapple saws.

The future looks worse and worse for lower skilled workers. That's streamlined, right to the chipper or grapple truck.

dedicated.

You could make quick money with that, but will it pay for itself before it's all broken down and asking for more $?

Just seems crazy, in my parts there are no dedicated tree cranes. As in every crane that does treework does other work too to pay for itself. That sucker is like a street legal feller buncher and here the only way feller bunchers pencil out is working long days every day and every night if possible too, mowing down forest near continuously.

The challenge would be lining up a lot of jobs in the city where it can get to. Then you could do 3-5 big high dollar jobs per day instead of .5-2 per day. Need a 21" chipper for it to feed stuff into. Then you just need rakers and chainsaw operators I guess.

Just seems crazy, in my parts there are no dedicated tree cranes. As in every crane that does treework does other work too to pay for itself. That sucker is like a street legal feller buncher and here the only way feller bunchers pencil out is working long days every day and every night if possible too, mowing down forest near continuously.

Lol. Mayer treeco has a license to print money. Street legal FB, I like that, and yeah it is. But a FB lives and dies by constantly cutting max wood as you describe. This thing does tree jobs where wood is merely a byproduct. Granted they have the huge chippers etc to keep up with that thing, but I doubt it makes a penny less than $15k on the average day.

Mayer continues to write the book on bringing massive, cutting edge machinery to the residential and commercial tree removal biz. :drink:

The pressing question is:

How exactly are there any trees left in Massachusetts?

For sure but I'm confident they are making big bucks with it 4-5 days/week year round. They do tons of utility, municipal, commercial, and residential. They have a fleet of ultra productive Grove cranes. They have a Sennebogan which is like a high reach wheeled excavator with a saw head and built for dedicated tree removal. They have a gigantic self feeding mobile chipper to accompany these removal machines.

They have all that capability and they still bought this machine. They are the gold standard

I imagine they did the math a few times before they spent the money, and I'm sure they realized they will probably be able to open a bank after a bit. Amazing display of what equipment can do for a business.

For sure

$1.2m best I recall from the conversation I had with the mfg at TCIA Expo, could save a couple-few hundred going with a used chassis vs new.

They love that chassis.

Back