In The News...

A peaceful protest is legal and fine with me but if you think you’re going to open a can of whip ass ya best bring your A game and be prepared for the consequences. Don’t be a little bitch when shtf.

A peaceful protest is legal and fine with me but if you think you’re going to open a can of whip ass ya best bring your A game and be prepared for the consequences. Don’t be a little bitch when shtf.
I agree. And peaceful protests need to be in appropriately zoned areas for protesting. Don't commandeer a freaking college campus -- private property -- and expect to not be reprimanded. And, furthermore, don't violently riot/protest again when a judge deems your original protest, in an area not zoned for protesting, "unlawful." Bunch of little bitches crying over spilt milk, being needlessly violent over fuckall.

Last edited:
“For 27 out of 30 days in April – and the last 17 days straight – we have had stretches of time ranging between 15 minutes to 9 hours where the production of renewable energy sources (wind, solar, hydro, etc..) exceeded the demand on California’s main energy grid.

Then we exported the excess to other states.

As Scientific American put it, "It is impossible to understate how monumental this clean, renewable energy milestone is..."

The article continues, "California’s success and all of these plans indicate that fossil fuels with or without carbon capture, bioenergy and nuclear power are not needed to power future grids."

Maybe closer to reality than previously thought?

“For 27 out of 30 days in April – and the last 17 days straight – we have had stretches of time ranging between 15 minutes to 9 hours where the production of renewable energy sources (wind, solar, hydro, etc..) exceeded the demand on California’s main energy grid.

As Scientific American put it, "It is impossible to understate how monumental this clean, renewable energy milestone is..."

The article continues, "California’s success and all of these plans indicate that fossil fuels with or without carbon capture, bioenergy and nuclear power are not needed to power future grids."

ALWAYS have a backup plan.
Our dams went critically low a few years ago (Tasmania exports masses of green hydro and wind energy to the mainland) and lo and behold they had to power up the gas generated power plants for a while to compensate.
There is a huge aluminium smelter here that uses HUGE amounts of electricity...they had to keep the power flowing to them.
I'm all for hydro and wind, keep it coming, lessening the dependence of fossil fuels, however, Murphy's Law and changing climate patterns, have a BACKUP PLAN.
And don't put wind farms in the migration path of critically endangered birds, DOH!

Brown outs coming soon. Just watch

There's been a push for smaller peaker plants for the last few decades, they're added as the power company sees fit. At least around here grid stability is excellent, in fact I'm not sure I've ever even seen a brown out.

We do that every day when the wind blows hard.

There's been a push for smaller peaker plants for the last few decades, they're added as the power company sees fit. At least around here grid stability is excellent, in fact I'm not sure I've ever even seen a brown out.
In CA, we are literally asked not to charge our cars or run AC to try and keep the grid up.
They will shut portions of the grid down for high winds to keep from having lines start fires.
Our grid is crap

Yeah i know I'm spoiled :lol: The Midwest and Illinois especially really understand infrastructure, the roads get torn up from the snow and temperature swings so that's a constant replacement cycle and emergency patch thing but our grid and gas infrastructure is second to none. We've also got a ton of industry around here so that helps too, they simply won't tolerate not having reliable energy sources. I called in a still standing broken power pole a few years ago that i noticed driving to work, by the time i was driving home it was guyed with a truck and was replaced the next day. They're welding pipeline all over town currently, it's driving me nuts seeing them everywhere and I'm driving my rig truck to my building trades job :lol: The apprentice I've been working with has his truck in the shop so I've been giving him a ride, so I've been explaining what they're doing and why so he learns even when he's coming and going lately.

Instead of making it read like “Renewable Energy” is powering the entire state show what the figures would be without fossil fuels contributing to the grid for the rubes.

Back