Any Rope Wrench or Hitch Hiker users here?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bat user here as well. I was a bit shocked when I got it that it is so freakishly small! That is what I like most about it. Negative is that it doesn't hold it's orientation like a HC but I got use to that.

The Bat, size XS.

RIGXS.jpg

Thanks for the tips I think I got it dialed in. First I clipped into the bat plate but it didn't give me enough vertical travel. I tried clipping into the small biner on my chest harness but it kept pulling my tether to the hh down and turning the steel biner sideways which I didn't like. I ended up just clipping onto one side of the chest harness itself. It would slide down kinda toward my side but it actually worked well, gave me enough travel on the knee ascender and didn't affect my tether so I'm happy.

Petzl hand ascender with handle ground off, foot loop has adjustable length via prussik. A little rubber band to make a tighter footloop would be a nice touch.

4mm-ish elastic cord doubled over with overhand knots along the length for 'daisy-chain' like clip in options.

Clip biner to elastic and HH tender loop (also doubles as DdRT tie in point. I think that this needs to be shortened and/ or lengthened with two clip-in loops.

Right foot Pantin.

Hand over hand action, with the top of the elastic daisy-chain on my thumb.

Guess I held the camera sideways for the latter two.

P1130974.jpg

P1130978.jpg
P1130979.jpg

Yeah Dave, the bungee all the way over to the Pantin gives enough stretch for the basic...wasn't using it to lift the Pantin, I tried tying the bungee shorter and clipping it just to my waist belt but it didn't work as well, so I went back to my original setup.
Note, I tried my small revolver instead of the bent gate for the rope tending, but it wouldn't fit onto my bridge 'triangle'...again, back to the original!

Could you post some pics. of your latest set up Dave? It would really be helpful for inexperienced folks like me. Thanks for doing so if you have time.
Pat

Sorry this took so long, Pat. It is hard to see but I clip the bungee into a hole in the adjustment buckle of my shoulder harness.

Haas.jpg

Thanks Dave, I think that I am set up pretty good for now. Always room for improvement though! Can you post a close up of the pulley that you have integrated into the HH biner? Is it to keep the biner oriented? When or if you get a minute of course.

Dave, I'm also curious to see a closeup of your homemade pulley.

OldIrish, the pulley is just there to make slack tending smoother. Any fixed plate pulley will do the trick as long as you're clipping into a ring on the bridge.

There is nothing fancy going on with that pulley. I was just trying out how a swing-cheek pulley would work compared to a fixed side plate pulley.

A pulley under the HH makes it tail as smoothly as a Hitchclimber setup. The down side is it is difficult to put on and take off and is one more thing to drop.

This simple modified Fixed pulley actually works pretty well. It doesn't need the tether as it stays on in use, but I don't have much feeling left in my hands and tend to drop small fiddly things.

100_5449.jpg

100_5448.jpg

Yes, Burnham. I cut the opening for the hooks just large enough to snap the Fix onto the carabiner, so it tends to stay put once it is on.

The 8 mm. Armor-Prus feels like it was made for the HH. It is just the right size for the holes in the dog bone and the stopper knots tie and adjust easily.

I have an e2e that I use for my lanyard and it works great.

The 8 mm. Armor-Prus feels like it was made for the HH. It is just the right size for the holes in the dog bone and the stopper knots tie and adjust easily.

Dave what size climb line u running armorprus on? Vortex 12.7mm?

Yes. Vortex and 8 mm. Armor-Prus make for a good match. AP can be a little fast on some of the stiffer or thinner lines.

Back