Nikosi vs Progear

• Thread starter RIVERRAT
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 2K
R

RIVERRAT

Any one roll with both? Make a dicision on which they liked best.

I have been in a ProGear since 05. Never would have thunk it would have last this long.

Based on looking at it I dont see Nikosi being worth the extra coin.

Burnahm you have any thoughts?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes I did. While I didn't read all of it I didn't see any one comparing it with the ProGear that had experience with it.

Nick would you get your butt back here. Your knowledge has been missed. People here having been doing what they do long enough to have some thoughts.

Heck I can only imagine just how & what I am, is being said about me based on my post in the religion thread. But it really doesn't matter if one is confident in what they do & that my friend is surely some thing you are when it comes to your knowledge of what you like doing!!

I like the Progear much better, myself. To me, the Nikosi is heavier than I like, and any time the climber isn't supported on an overhead tie in, the double bridge and sliding eyes hang in a clump of junk between my waist and knees and gets in my way. Spur climbing, that is really a bother.

The mobility of the sliding D is nice, when it's in play.

any time the climber isn't supported on an overhead tie in, the double bridge and sliding eyes hang in a clump of junk between my waist and knees and gets in my way.
This is what I actually saw taking place in my minds eye.......Strange place, my minds eye

I like the Progear much better, myself. To me, the Nikosi is heavier than I like, and any time the climber isn't supported on an overhead tie in, the double bridge and sliding eyes hang in a clump of junk between my waist and knees and gets in my way. Spur climbing, that is really a bother.

... aaah ... never mind ... sorry ... :lol: ... :lol::lol:

I don't notice that happening at all. I have never climbed in a ProGear but I was in a Tengu for several years. I like the Nikosi much better than the Tengu but I like them both better than the any Buckingham, Weaver or Petzl that I have tried. I can see some of the knocks on the Nikosi but none of them are problematic for me.

I thought I'd buy a Nikosi, but I think I am too used to the simplistic and practical Progear. My whole climbing kit fits in one of Bob's bags, can't do that with the Nikosi as it's a bit bigger. :) I did like the bridge, and the fact it didn't slide on my waist. But gosh darn if I hadn't had the Progear since 06' and it still looks like new.

Ew, the crazy religious guy sees Burnham's clump of junk in his mind's eye.

Let me see your Progear sometime, Bren.

Thank you , my complaint about that saddle when I demoed it a year or two ago...I turned mine into a single bridge system

Ew, the crazy religious guy sees Burnham's clump of junk in his mind's eye.

That came out of no where. Not what I was expecting at all.

My sides hurt from laughing so hard after reading that!

Sheesh, this is a saddle thread, not an aging issues thread!

Back