oval biner with swivel

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
I should just patent the idea instead of posting here but why doesn't anyone make one yet? With the huge popularity of the Hitch climber pulley and saddles with rope bridges it just seems like a natural fit to me. You could put the swivel on your bridge and use the biner part as the lower biner in the hc system. I have a couple of other great money making ideas for tree gear but I just can't remember them now. I will post them once I remember them. Maybe DMM will pay me for the idea.

Or you could just put a HC pully on the rope bridge and the biner joining another HC to it. Then you have multiple attachment points to the bridge as well. Skip the swivel.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You could do that but it still wouldn't swivel, which is what I really want. But since I have a Nikosi it really doesn't matter anyhow.

Swivel fitting on the bridge is way over-rated in my book...for me in made twisting more of a problem rather than less.

The action of the rope passing through your friction hitch will twist it. The wraps and braids of your hitch act like a threaded nut which forces the rope to twist as it passes through. Running your rope through natural crotches instead of 'friction savers' and NOT using a swivel on your saddle attachment help minimize the amount of rope twist. If you eliminate everything that helps keep the rope from twisting then it will twist away like crazy.
Balancing your wraps and braids in your friction hitch can minimize the twist.

Back