Drift boat for sotc

Burnham

Woods walker
A while back Willie mentioned that he was on the lookout for a straightahead, simple, aluminum drift boat. For y'all not of this part of the country, a drift boat is a whitewater rowboat, lots of rocker, strong sheer. Mostly used for fishing the rivers for salmon and steehead.

I said I'd keep my eyes open, and I ran across this one just outside of my little town on Monday. I'm not sure, but I'd guess she's a 16 footer, LOA.

Here ya go, Willie :).

Attachments

• drift boat for willie 004.jpg
    drift boat for willie 004.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 28
  • drift boat for willie 001.jpg
    drift boat for willie 001.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 27
  • drift boat for willie 003.jpg
    drift boat for willie 003.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 28
  • drift boat for willie 011.jpg
    drift boat for willie 011.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 27
  • drift boat for willie 010.jpg
    drift boat for willie 010.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 27
  • drift boat for willie 006.jpg
    drift boat for willie 006.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 27
  • drift boat for willie 005.jpg
    drift boat for willie 005.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 26
  • drift boat for willie 009.jpg
    drift boat for willie 009.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 27
  • drift boat for willie 007.jpg
    drift boat for willie 007.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 27
Zactly what i'm looking for except 2500 seems a bit steep for that particular critter. Thanks for the heads up though! Lots for sale here but the wife has me on a miserly search, which is ok, I don't need fancy:)

No doubt! My buddy said I should bring Trevin along and just knock on doors where theres a boat in the yard, tug on the ol heart strings:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sign says OBO, and if the sign has been up long enough to break in half, might be the seller's ready to deal.

If you'd like me to look more closely at it, take more pics, or whatever, give a holler Willie. Easy enough for me to drop by and chat the fella up a little.

Ok, think I will float for a bit but keep it in mind. Just may pick up the phone one of these days

Willie I'll keep an eye open here. There is an old fella here who has a Lavro. Older, but bottom is still in good shape.

I haven't told her that yet, she still thinks hes a nice fella!

Dave, I appreciate it but aluminum is my only hang up. I want to be able to leave it in the hot sun, come home from the river, dump it off and get to work with minimal maintanance

smiley-laughing025.gif

Shot at a snake or shot BY a snake? :D
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8z_DUMmFKNU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Scored a new drift boat in a trade deal. Hope to pick it up this week if time allows!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419214184099.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419214184099.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 38
  • uploadfromtaptalk1419214236096.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419214236096.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 38
Crazy lines on that boat! Looks like its in mint shape:thumbup:

Never mind....I looked it up. What got my attention is that my wife's grandfather was William Henry Roberts in the Florida Keys...he was famous down there for his wood boats. http://willyflatsboats.com/

We used to go diving in the Keys in his Willy boats in the 80's. Mr. Roberts made them for many decades before that.

He learned from his father...who was noted for making wood boats for revenuers to catch rum-runners...then the rum-runners asked him to make THEM boats to get away from the revenooers...and it went on and on..:lol:

They call them Willy boats in the Keys.

First class, Willie. No bullet holes, I guess...some lose of cachet that way, but still, nice :D.

Interesting, I like local history like that. My other boat I'm selling was made by Glenn Wooldridge, I love the history he made in this country too.

Back