Weaver Cougar Size Small

mccauleytree

TreeHouser
Hey guys I am selling my size small weaver cougar saddle. It is in really nice shape only used for a couple months, and now it just sits since I wear my tree motion every day. It has the ISC stamped rings and the new rope bridge sent out from weaver. For anyone interested in it I can send you pictures. I am asking $140 shipped for it. Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pictures sent. Also there is a tiny little tear in the very back of the saddle that I did not notice until today. I have no idea how it got there but it does not effect the saddle at all. Because of this I will do $130 shipped. Thanks guys

:lol: I figure it's a safe bet I won't be caught in a small saddle.

I thought about making a joke, but refrained!

Here are some pictures of the saddle and the tiny tear. If you need to see a specific part of the saddle just let me know and I will take a pic of it for anybody

IMG00039-20110202-1141.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG00038-20110202-1141.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG00037-20110202-1141.jpg
[/IMG]

I will. See if I can get some camera help from the ground :lol:
I am trying to contain myself and not get bundled up and try to climb in cold high wind gusts today to try it out :lol:

Looks like tomorrow is the day to play. I have a nice sized mulberry to do tomorrow. A tree I have played in twice with a good spread. SO it should be a good day and place to try the saddle :D

Got to play in the tree with the Cougar saddle today.. I used a pulley on the bridge with a nice screw link I had floating about. It really performs well on a prune. Bridge is real fast of course with the pulley. I did not use suspenders today to see how it would hold to my hips (of which I have none) and found I still need them anyway. With or without the weight of the 200T. Attachment points were pretty familiar as they were pretty much like my Weaver floating D. The side Ds are a tad small than my other Weaver but were fine and right straight forward on demand for the positioning lanyard. Comfy and never did I feel uncomfortable in it. The adjustment straps for the waist I am going to have to look closer at securing as one started flapping its tail in the breeze :lol: . Not a real issue, I just prefer something stay tucked in the belt loop ;)
The velcro on the leg straps is what I thought would be more of an issue and they held just fine.

All around nice saddle to climb in. I still would like to do a TD with it just to see how I like it for that type of job. I doubt I would like gumming up the rope bridge on a gray pine though. SO I might try it on an oak. Keep my floating D Weaver handy for those pitchy jobs :)
Thumbs up here until I change the bridge as I have heard it is a tad of a pain. :/:

Thanks again Mike :)

Attachments

• IMG_0317ed.jpg
    IMG_0317ed.jpg
    956.4 KB · Views: 5
I'm glad you liked it! I liked it as well but once I bought my treemotion I dont think I could ever go back to the cougar! I hope the saddle serves you well!

Mike

Just a little update on a little item I added to the saddle. I bought a second DMM HC pulley and added it to the rope bridge for more attachment points for double crotching and such. I also can attach my tether on my F8 revolver set up as well. On Ddrt it keeps my HC pulley that advances my hitch less cluttered as well :)
The rounded sides of the DMM pulley seems smoother and less aggressive to my rope bridge as well in a wear perspective.
:)

Attachments

• PB260001.jpg
    PB260001.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 4
Nice. I've been meaning to get another HC for just that reason. I like the cougar, I think I'll invest in some suspenders though.

My next saddle may just be a treemotion, but I'm one of those guys that likes to get the newest and best thing out there several years after they are released...you know when the price drops back down to terra firma.

Back