Done went back rockclimbig again to ugg ohhh

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
Went for my first day, real rockclimbing ,,,, more or less in two years , onsighted 5.11+
This is very good
Its not the same thing we did in Italy which is mountain climbing.

BUT still loving the atv scene ---
I am Racing at conasagua TN this sunday on the renegade 800 atv but Climbing is calling me back.... .ATV racing is cool and hard..... just a very different---- hard .
Who knows ,, i think rockclimbing is where my heart and deffinatly my talent rest.
I kinda think rockclimbing is harder than atving Period.
Maybe its as hard if you are a GNCC champion like Bill Ballance .

Funny , i never fit in with the trail blazeing atv riders anyhow just like i dont fit in here at the tree house .But ----At the crag at the cliffs , its like being at home , everyone knows me . I really really fit in , hell im even a role model ,, crikey haha lol

Was thinking to maybe see if there is a way to do both riding and rockclimbing , doubtful though -----as they both are time eaters .

Rock climbing is hard guys and A REALLY good way to stay fit .
You get everysingle muscle worked out , let me assure you of that .
There is also a level for everyone from real super easy to way way hard .
Yall should try it out if you want a sick workout .

BTW i met a guy today that does the work on the giant wind mills .Vertical acess ,,, small world as i keep thinking about those dang things - they are all the goo atv areas.

Oh well - looking like atving is taking back seat and im going back to climbing.
That will get me up more trees to but ill make less money - you cant just rock climb two days a week - its got to be three so my tree service income could take a hit .

HMMMMMM im getting tired of being responsible and all that shit .
Smokeee de bowl and go climb a 5.14 ,,,, oh yeAHHHHHHH

Last we heard, you were giving your guys the address and they handled the rest. That leaves time for rocks, no?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes but i bid alot Cory - sometimes 50 hours week and that dont count the other stuff , thats just bids man.
Ima work it out .

Nice that you have alot of calls. So the crew is still good??

Stoked; I just dialed in a boulder traverse I'd been working for a couple weeks.

I'm no good at grading climbs, but it's probably V1, or so (Ha, I'm not so hot at bouldering).

Trip sequence, maybe 25' long, slightly overhanging, super choss.

There's another tougher, sketch, roof-move start - but with no pad and no quality rock to be had, I'm out.

Couple loose 40' 5.9? splitters, too - fingers to fist; fun!

Finally back from a 4 month shoulder shred.

Rock and roll... YeeeHawww!

I dig what you're saying man, although I do suspect you have been drinking. Good honest post totally lacking in pretence. Between 1983 and 1993, climbing was a considerable part of who I was, not just because it was what I did. But I spent more time thinking about it than should have been normal. It's a good obsession it is a great thing to do, the social scene is excellent the world over. I appreciate your passion, I hope you can continue to act upon it. even if its only every 2 years. For me my last on sight lead was 4 and a half years ago. HVS 5a.I realised I was on a downward turn grades wise, not that the grade is important as I find the movement across rock in fine weather with a great second to be enough of a reward.:)

Clean and sober these days, Tree Brother.

Plus, the sun was barely past the yardarm.

5a is ripping, dude - I'm lucky if I can lead my favorite 10d on the weekends.

I was talking to Jerry. Ha ha that's funny. I forgot to quote or do a @Jerry thing. But hey I didn't even know you did the rock thing too. Cool. Oh maybe I just forgot, I got a shit RAM these days.:)

Back