Simple trick

Al Smith

Mac Daddy
The very worst part about working on a Stuhl saw is installing the carb boot ,pain in the behind . Why in the world this never dawned on me I haven't a clue .Put the stupid thing in a vise caught by the dawgs so you can work on it . So simple yet so stupid I missed it all this time .:whine:

Anyway the parts for the Rocky special came in about a week ago so I repaired it today .The Pheonix rises once again . A pic shows the torn boot und the upper mount that failed yet escaped my finding it until it ruined the boot .

Saw runs great of course other than pulling over about like an 066 .Damned thing must be over 200 psi static .

Attachments

• Carb boot 001.jpg
    Carb boot 001.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 189
  • Carb boot 002.jpg
    Carb boot 002.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Carb boot 003.jpg
    Carb boot 003.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 188
Not bad AL.

I'll have to remember this one.

The boots themselves aren't that bad. Just get a piece of rewind rope around the boot and pull the boot through the tailstock using lots of slippery stuff. I am not going to get into how to tie the rope as there are many ways that it can be done.

I think a certain someone needs to clean-up and pick-up their shop ;):P:lol:

Glad you got the Pheonix running again. I have started to reassemble my 056 Mag so far so good but still have a long way to go.

Oh the shop is worse than that .That is the garage at the house .The shop looks like it got hit by a bomb,big un .:(

That is funny. Your set-up kind of the same way I am. House garage only for chainsaw work. Big shop for all the big grease and oily repair projects. No truck repairing in or around the garage.

I promised Mrs. Ax that wouldn't happen as the garage is kind of new and she has has a place to keep her vehicle out of the elements.

I also made her a dumb promise that the floor of the garage wasn't going to get oil and crap on it from working on saws. I broke that promise.:cry: even though I have that area of the garage covered with cardboard, rubber mats and some leftover carpeting. Oh well.

Al, I have a saw bar cut in half that is bolted to a piece of square tubing that I squeeze in the vise for holding saws to work on. You can pretty much get it into any position you need.

It's almost worth it, the satisfying feeling you get after the boot does slip through, after all the cussin' and stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cussin is right .Evidently you have traveled that road a time or two yourself .:lol:

Yes sir, and not only with the boot contrariness, just caught up in an endless loop of cussin. :roll:

Back